Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone provide an really good tutorial about overclocking?
I was searching the net all over and found out my Dual Core e5200 is one of the best overclockable CPUs, and I can get up to 3.2 GHz with stock heat sink and fan.
I didn't however, find any info about HOW to do the overclocking.

If someone could help me out I would appreciate it very, very much. Smile
Lost circa 20% speed on recent revisions. Now level 7-7 is DAMN HARD.

These bugged water geysers also do not help to make things better...

But I'll keep tryin'...
[r6567] the game goes at 30fps locked no matter what i press on the graphic config and no matter what plugin i chose. That's really unfortunate cause the graphic is really badass.
[r6574] i lost 4 fps average
Not possible with r6574, I tested that commit and it actually speeds up games. Your speed loss is likely due to the recent wip fifo work, marco is already aware of the issues and will be working on fixing them, so sit tight in the meantime. The fifo rewrite is a necessary evil to fix compatibility issues, stability issues and improve performance, any issues caused by the rewrite will eventually be fixed.
The people is paranoic, r6574 is a commentary. ahaahhaah Only see the code.
Well I was referring to r6573, that speeds up games but you are right that r6574 is only a commentary so no way it could cause any slowdowns. Tongue
Hey, I've put a hell of a lot effort into 6574! Tongue
Finally beat that goddamn level and finished the game.

I was surprised to see that Golden Temple played with the very same 45~48fps I had before... Maybe World 8 levels are more GFX-heavy? In World 8 levels I got 20fps and had to activate frameskipping 3, else game wasn't playable. :S

The bloom offset issue aggravates itself on the lava levels, too. Even some rocks change their appearance almost completely.
@ El Buga: Huh, why is the game so slow for you? your CPU is better than mine, isn't it? How many GHz does it run at?
My CPU runs at 2.66GHz. Stock clock, couldn't overclock it even if I knew how.