Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yeah, you gotta love it: people want to help people who are struggling to get fullspeed and tell them to put AA to x9 *roll eyes*
AA and AF don't change a single fps if you have a good vga. And a 275gtx is surely powerful enough to not suffer in any possible condition.
Of course ! (Are you kidding me)
I have a GTX 580 (the best VGA on the market) and when enabling SSAA 9x i get -10 FPS on games like NSMB; SMG (1,2) etc.
even IF it didn't slow things down for you, it absolutely positively WILL for most users...especially those who are already struggling for speed...so it's not very clever to show 'em settings like that.
(12-20-2010, 03:20 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Of course ! (Are you kidding me)
I have a GTX 580 (the best VGA on the market) and when enabling SSAA 9x i get -10 FPS on games like NSMB; SMG (1,2) etc.

being you i would be worried about my pc since mine isn't affected at all by SSAA. Like kinda every video option except for "copy efb texture" the fps difference is zero.

anyway yes, for who's struggling it's not a good idea to bump everything to max.
I'm wondering if your AA is even working...
In reality, can any GPU pull off such a setting with any game?
(12-20-2010, 03:38 AM)d3stroyah Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2010, 03:20 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Of course ! (Are you kidding me)

being you i would be worried about my pc since mine isn't affected at all by SSAA. Like kinda every video option except for "copy efb texture" the fps difference is zero.

anyway yes, for who's struggling it's not a good idea to bump everything to max.

WTF ?! I can max out Games like GTA IV, SIMS 3, COD BO and they still play at ~40 FPS with 16xAA.
I guess your SSAA is not even working !

EDIT: Just that GTA IV doesn't have AA even when forced through the Control Panel !
His standards for "effect" is different. Its a bottleneck..
Same with me
(12-19-2010, 11:28 AM)Warrio_r Wrote: [ -> ]People just need to KNOW that this emulator needs AT LEAST a 3.4GHz Processor to run games like MArio Galaxy and DKR and other, because is the least. Mine is not enough but i´ve been reading various post that made me get to this answer. 3.4 Ghz is THE ANSWER!!! Cool
Ghz hasn't mattered since around 5 years back. It's the architecture that matters.

For example. A pentium D 805 2,66 Ghz will take 300 seconds to rar a file. While an i7 2.66 Ghz will take 85 seconds to unrar the same file. It's several times faster even if you disregard the extra cores (which winrar at that point couldn't even use).

Compare http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/cpu-c...R,402.html to http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/deskt...0,823.html