Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Exellent,
can you tell me if the I5 2400 and the radeon hd 6770 or 5770 are able to run this game at nearly ~28 FPS in all areas(including hyrule field) without overlocking.
and thanks i liked very much your thread.
These are my optimal settings for TLoZ: TP.

Dolphin Configuration General Tab:
Framelimit: Audio [x] Limit by FPS

Dolphin Configuration Audio Tab:
DSP Emulator Engine [x] DSP HLE emulation (fast)

Dolphin Direct3D9 Graphics Configuration General Tab:
Backend: Direct3D9
Adapter: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Display:
Fullscreen resolution: 1920x1080
Aspect Ratio: Auto
[x] V-Sync [x] Use Fullscreen

Other:
[x] Hide Mouse Cursor

Dolphin Direct3D9 Graphics Configuration Enhancements Tab:
Internal Resolution: 4x Native
Anti-Aliasing: None <--Update change (Changing to None eliminates the audio lag experienced at Hyrule Field.)
Anisotropic Filtering: 16x
[x] Scaled EFB Copy

Dolphin Direct3D9 Graphics Configuration Hacks Tab & Advanced Tab: Default settings

When I maxed out the enhancements, I average around 18 FPS; however, I found out that by lowering the Anti-Aliasing from 9x SSAA to 4x SSAA, the game runs flawlessly. I am still looking for a way to use 9x SSAA option without sacrificing performance, if anyone knows of a way, please let me know.
A GTX 660Ti cant handle 4x IR and 9xSSAA, no GPU on the planet can, none in my knowledge anyways.

EDIT: @ Wiki admins, the video pasted in the 1st post is kind of a big spoiler for anyone who hasnt gone too far, could you replace it or put it in a spoiler tag.
Can they do that on the wiki?
Yeah, anyone can edit it, just find a different TP vid on youtube and paste the embed code
I knew that, I was wondering if spoiler tags could be used on the wiki tho :p
(12-12-2012, 04:29 AM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: @ Wiki admins, the video pasted in the 1st post is kind of a big spoiler for anyone who hasnt gone too far, could you replace it or put it in a spoiler tag.
Not sure I'm convinced it's much of a spoiler that Link battles Ganandorf at the end of a Zelda game.

If you want to find a replacement video please make sure it's of the GameCube rather than Wii version. If it isn't explicitly noted in the video description, one can frequently tell by the button indicators (though, hrm, not sure what the Wii shows if you are using a GameCube controller).
Afaik you can't use a GC controller on the wii version...can you?
(12-12-2012, 11:24 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Afaik you can't use a GC controller on the wii version...can you?

You can't, unfortunately. That's why I like Dolphin, since I can play Wii games like this with a real joystick. Btw, I found it easier to tell which game I was looking at by observing which hands characters use. Handedness is more immediate to me Big Grin