Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

oneko

Sorry I'm not good at English but I'd like to share information about "wide-hack".

I'm Japanese and play Twilight Princess Japanese Version.
And I tried AR Code wide screen hack as shown in wiki, 0445391C 3FE38E39
because there is " Note: Use the NTSC codes if you're running the USA or Japanese versions of Twilight Princess " .
But it didn't seem it worked. I tried PAL codes too but no luck.

I assume that developers assign NTSC-J the address different from NTSC(8045391C - You can see AR Log in Cheat Tool).
Although these look like similar regards of name, technically is not the same.
so I tried to figure out the address of NTSC-J and made it.

NTSC-J 16:9 AR Code // 0444DA64 3FE38E39
NTSC-J 48:10 AR Code // 0444DA64 4099999A

somewhat if you have a problem to enable AR wide-hack, try to find your country address as shown below.

1.You need binary editor like HxD. so search and download it.
2.Open the image you got by editor
3.Search and Find this text
PatternLengthMax__Q29dCamera_c23@class$3669d_camera_cpp
The statement were used in Wind Walker. so this has something to do with Aspect Ratio.
4.Look below and you should see
@1792 .d_camera.o 0000XXXX 000004 80YYYYYY
XXXX might be different each rom but important is YYYYYY
I have USA image and 80YYYYYY is "8045391C" and in JP image is "8044DA64"
5.Change AR Codes like "04YYYYYY 3FE38E39(16:9) or 4099999A(48:10)

phil6891

Hi all, I just want to raise how much of an improvement the Native Texture Pool build was before it got pulled (build 4.0.315).

I thought the feature was isolated to Metroid Prime 1 and 2 in resolving the rain refraction slowdowns, but Zelda TP sluggish areas where I was getting 21 FPS, I'm was getting 31 FPS on that build. Is this or something similar (stable) being implemented in the future builds again, I understand it was pulled due to it crashing many games?
Yup. Twilight Princess as another game it affected. Try Mario Kart Wii as well; I got a huge improvement from that as well.

astavn

This game worked perfectly for the longest time but now it refuses to load! If i try a bunch and turn some settings on or off it will after a few minutes but can anybody tell me why?
(03-04-2014, 09:21 AM)astavn Wrote: [ -> ]This game worked perfectly for the longest time but now it refuses to load! If i try a bunch and turn some settings on or off it will after a few minutes but can anybody tell me why?

That's not a very descriptive account of what you're trying to do (step-by-step) and what went wrong. Post your settings and take us through what you did exactly. A game that "refuses to load" could indicate several possible problems, but we won't know until you give us some more info.

heyyou

I managed to play Zelda: Twilight Princess until the point where I have to protect the horse carriage carrying the Zora kid. It always freezes in the part where the bad guys are firing flaming arrows at me and the carriage.

This problem has already been posted, but I still don't see a solution that works for me. Can somebody please help me?
Provide a save file right near that area an instructions to reproduce. If it's as simple as just starting the side quest, then it shouldn't be too hard.

heyyou

I'm sorry. I'm still having a little trouble. Do I make a save STATE in the area where the freeze occurs? Or do I save in the save FILE when I'm in that area? Anyways, I tried both. By the way, what are "instructions to reproduce"?
Just do a savefile when you're in that area; a savestate may work, but a save file right before the quest would be fine.

And instructions to reproduce just means if there's anything besides start and try to complete that thing, let me know.

heyyou

Thanks for the advice, but it's still not working.