Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-27-2016, 01:57 PM)will762 Wrote: [ -> ][...]

Since this happened I've tried a number of the "Form Switch" cheats to no avail, so I'm running out of ideas.

[...]

I'd just like to confirm, but, are you entering/exiting a load screen (such as a building or another part of Hyrule) while holding the required button(s) to trigger the transformation? I'm sure you've tried the given code below, but in such event you've not tried it when passing through a load screen, try it again and see if that helps.
If you have, what happens if anything at all?

Transform into Wolf (L+R+C-stick left) (courtesy of JaytheHam)
65QT-780H-46E2R
RQEX-QTG8-HQ3AJ
AEDH-X5EC-G0CWK
WGXH-Z2D6-9R4T7

will762

(06-28-2016, 07:33 PM)Xikiri Wrote: [ -> ]I'd just like to confirm, but, are you entering/exiting a load screen (such as a building or another part of Hyrule) while holding the required button(s) to trigger the transformation? I'm sure you've tried the given code below, but in such event you've not tried it when passing through a load screen, try it again and see if that helps.
If you have, what happens if anything at all?

Transform into Wolf (L+R+C-stick left) (courtesy of JaytheHam)
65QT-780H-46E2R
RQEX-QTG8-HQ3AJ
AEDH-X5EC-G0CWK
WGXH-Z2D6-9R4T7

Xikiri,

Thanks for clarifying the load screen aspect! I had no idea about that, and was not using it. Unfortunately, that did not seem to make any change at all. Testing your code individually, as well as TwilightPrincess's and brkirch's, even when passing through a load screen I still don't see anything at all happening with link's form in game, in the start screen, or any other discernible change. If I picked up on anything, the load screen may have been fractions of a second slower, but that's it.

FYI, Jay's code wasn't showing up in the AR code list, I had to enter it manually? Dunno why that is.

Any further thoughts on my predicament?

Will
(06-29-2016, 06:35 AM)will762 Wrote: [ -> ][...]

Any further thoughts on my predicament?

Will

That...really is odd. I hate to say it, my friend, but it seems as though your story has ended. I recall a similar glitch occurring much later in the game people brought to light some years ago, and there was no other fix for it beyond restarting your game. Alternatively, you could use flight codes to get you across and beyond the tightropes (i.e. using ? button to float/fly up, walk in air, so on...) if you can manage to find some on the 'net. Thing is, from your descriptions, I wouldn't recommend this as the player experience would be skewed henceforth...though, it kind of already is no matter how one looks at it.
To be honest, that's unfortunately the extent of the advice I can give. I do wish you luck, Will!
I think button activated codes have problems in Dolphin. For AR codes, it should help to run them via an AR disc, but that's almost impossible for a normal user, because it's really hard to dump one of those discs. And if it doesn't come with that code, you need a version that allows entering your own codes, not sure if and which version does that.

And then there's Gecko OS codes. For Wii games, you can put the codes on a virtual sd card, and run Gecko OS in Dolphin. But for gamecube games, you are out of luck.

(NOTE: This only applies, if Dolphin's problem with button activated codes is the cause of the problem. Maybe try the codes on a new save, if they work at all, and just not in your situation)

If the codes are only available as AR codes, i only see 1 possible way to run them:
Convert them to Gecko OS codes(there's a tool that does that somewhere. Install a homebrew capable MIOS on your wii. Transfer the save to your wii. Run neogamma on your wii with gamecube codes and your original(!) gamecube disc, backup disc won't do it. I'm also not 100% sure if the button activated codes are properly converted by that tool.
Hi. I now have Dolphin 5.0 and everything is running smoothly with Twilight Princess on GameCube and it is incredible! Except for the minimap! It refuses to even show up. I have tried everything and I do not seem to understand how to fix it (I am far for being an expert). Is there Anyone who could figure this out?

i'm on a Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 / 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Thank you!!!
Try pressing one of the directions on the d-pad. I think one of them can can be used for hiding and showing the minimap.
(07-01-2016, 07:00 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Try pressing one of the directions on the d-pad. I think one of them can can be used for hiding and showing the minimap.

Yes... I knew that much. Not the issue here though.

inanout

Hello. I've been playing the game cube version of this game recently and it has been working perfectly fine until when I was in the Goron Mines my shied caught fire and was destroyed. So I wanted to leave the dungeon but was right at the boss. I decided to use Ooccoo for the first time and after I left the dungeon the game started running at somewhere of 18-20 fps and the sound started getting buggy. I tried going into buildings and that made the fps go back to 30 but only in the buildings. I bought a shield and went back into the dungeon using Ooccoo and the game went back to 30 fps in the dungeon. After I defeated the boss I left the dungeon only to go back to the bad fps. I've never had fps problems in dolphin with this game before so if anyone else has had this problem I would like to know. Also thanks in advance if any one knows the solution.
Did you enable the Hyrule Field Speed Hack undere properties -> patches?

will762

Hope DiBlasio and inanout got their questions answered!

Mimimi thank you for you input earlier. I would have tried that if I still had a functioning Wii, but sadly it's broken, which is the biggest reason I'm playing the game here on Dolphin.

I've got another issue now though, and I'm starting to think I have some knack for finding all the ghosts in this machine...
Fresh save since my last post, started from scratch including removing the iso from Dolphin. Now I'm getting to the point where you need to track down the Kakariko Gorge bridge that is in North Faron woods, but Midna does not show a warp in N Faron. I fought the shadow beasts there, saw the bridge hanging out against the wall at the same time, but now that I'm in wolf form I can't get there because the warp doesn't show up and I can't navigate the poison woods as a wolf...
I tried the "unlock all portals" cheat since this issue arose, and no dice, still no portal.

Now I know I can warp to Kakariko village as that portal DID show on my map with the cheat (smh), skip ahead a few steps, then hopefully the bridge will just appear there the next time I need it. I'm concerned that skipping a step as significant as the bridge will cause more glitches as in my last save. In fact, on my last attempt, I did run into this same problem which I circumvented the same way, and who knows if it impacted the trouble I ran into.

I thought TP was supposed to be highly playable on Dolphin, but I'm having nothing but bitter experiences so far? As always, everyone's time is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!