Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now if you only had a mod tag ;p. Thanks for the quote.
And please report the offending post in addition to quoting if there's none of us online.
I knew we needed to quote to prevent stealth edits, but I forgot about the report button, since I've never had to use it before. Tongue
(07-10-2015, 05:54 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Now if you only had a mod tag ;p. Thanks for the quote.
And please report the offending post in addition to quoting if there's none of us online.

I like how the staff here is a lot faster to react when someone says they pirated a game than when someone asks for help with a problem. Is it so vital to ban people for pirating as to go so far as to have people quote their posts so they won't be able to edit it out?
(07-12-2015, 02:52 AM)swmas Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2015, 05:54 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Now if you only had a mod tag ;p. Thanks for the quote.

I like how the staff here is a lot faster to react when someone says they pirated a game than when someone asks for help with a problem. Is it so vital to ban people for pirating as to go so far as to have people quote their posts so they won't be able to edit it out?

This is completely off topic, so i hope this discussion ends here.

Not all mods can help with all problems. Some of them might even be unable to help with any technical problem. Also, the mods are not payed and are doing this in their free time, so you can't expect them to invest their time on every single problem people have. Banning people for piracy is a vital task though. If that is not done, the site might get legal problems. None of the mods wants that, which is why the reaction on this is fast.

If you have further questions about this, please open a topic in an appropriate forum.
(07-12-2015, 03:38 AM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2015, 02:52 AM)swmas Wrote: [ -> ]

This is completely off topic, so i hope this discussion ends here.

Not all mods can help with all problems. Some of them might even be unable to help with any technical problem. Also, the mods are not payed and are doing this in their free time, so you can't expect them to invest their time on every single problem people have. Banning people for piracy is a vital task though. If that is not done, the site might get legal problems. None of the mods wants that, which is why the reaction on this is fast.

If you have further questions about this, please open a topic in an appropriate forum.
It's not off topic, I'm continuing a discussion the moderator was having, that's why I quoted them.

I think the position of this site on isos is pretty clear and a few crazy fools saying they have a downloaded game won't change anything. Besides, ripping your own iso from a real disk is not far from downloading one. If you ripped your own iso and play on an emulator and your bro is using your original disk to play on a real console at the same time, guess what, you're pirating. The only way to not pirate a game is if you destroy the disk after ripping it and even in that case you can still make multiple copies. This site's main rule is bull and this aggressive enforcement of it disgusts me. I agree with penalizing users who say they have a downloaded copy mostly because of stupidity, the site clearly sais you get banned if you do, but quoting their posts for the mods to see is ridiculous and it remands me of when a dog brings back the stick you just threw, expecting a reward. So you got a guy banned whoop dee doo.
It is off-topic and there was no discussion taking place.

No one cares what you do at home with your brother, that's not our problem. All that we ask is just not to mention or shove it in anyone's face (by having it on a picture for example).
Stating (or showing) you've downloaded a game will get you banned. No questions asked.

One of the reason why we ask people to quote the offending bit is because the user can still edit it out after they've been reported which might cause uncertainty.

Let this be the last part of the discussion. If you have more to say, either create a new thread in the proper place or take it to PMs.
Any further posts regarding this will be deleted.
Are there certain settings I missed? Running on 4.0-7015 and the game was at 100% speed 30fps full time up until the third time I turn into a wolf (area just after kakariko village where I pick up that girl's scent upon finding her bad). In this area my game first slowed to mid 90% and later 85% and didn't come back up. I haven't played it in years but I think it's the huge lake area. After about 30 seconds of running towards that place at 85% speed I just stopped playing.

Windows 7 64bit
i5 4460
Nvidia GTX 970
16GB RAM

I lurked for a bit but I just see conversations about textures. Note: I can gallop around Hyrule field at full speed so I'm not sure why I slowed down in that area.
I had this problem as well. play through the entire wolf part at crap speed. I was on my FX 8350 at the time so I just thought it was the crap STP (Single Thread Performance.)
What I did to "fix" mine was finish the part. Go to a different village, save and reset. This fixed it for me a long time ago.

What DSP emulation are you using?

I am about to go through this game again since I got a new CPU. Your stp should handle it no problem. I will let you know when I get there.. It will be a day or 2..
(07-21-2015, 09:04 AM)JobeStroud Wrote: [ -> ]I had this problem as well. play through the entire wolf part at crap speed. I was on my FX 8350 at the time so I just thought it was the crap STP (Single Thread Performance.)
What I did to "fix" mine was finish the part. Go to a different village, save and reset. This fixed it for me a long time ago.

What DSP emulation are you using?

I am about to go through this game again since I got a new CPU.  Your stp should handle it no problem. I will let you know when I get there.. It will be a day or 2..

HLE. All the settings are default. I just checked in again and it's still running at around 85%. I'll pass the wolf part and see if that area still gives me issues as normal link. I think it's still considered a small part of Hyrule field. I couldn't find a specific name for it.

EDIT: Back as normal link and northern hyrule field along with both western hyrule field areas run very slowly.
Did you enable the new hack under the game's properties?