Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-27-2020, 12:46 PM)Lylat1an Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming the configurations in the Wiki are outdated, What settings and version of Dolphin are best for this?

Why would you assume this?
(07-27-2020, 10:10 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you assume this?

Because the most recent build mentioned in the game's wiki is over 3 years old.

Perhaps a more modern build is better suited for this game?
New question: Some cutscenes/cinematics are lagging even though I disabled Intel's SpeedStep feature, and so is Hyrule Field despite enabling the speed hack.

The CPU core running Dolphin is fairly steady at 4.3 GHz, though the thread usage is rarely maxed out.

What more can I do aside from overclocking my hardware?

Would overclocking the emulated CPU help? Or would that just break the game?
If you go to NVIDIA Control Panel, make sure you have it a profile setup under Manage 3D settings for Dolphin. Under Power Management, make sure you have it set to Prefer maximum performance.
(08-03-2020, 11:00 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]If you go to NVIDIA Control Panel, make sure you have it a profile setup under Manage 3D settings for Dolphin. Under Power Management, make sure you have it set to Prefer maximum performance.

Running much better now.  Thanks!

Baconpancakes42

I'm having a problem running this on my lenovo ideapad 100 15 IBD.
I have dolphin 0.5 12247
I have tweaked it so much from so many how too videos that I don't know what the settings were originally.
Its soooo choppy. The audio and grafics are glitchy. No matter what I do I can't get it to play right.
Which is strange cause it just started doing it all of a sudden.it was working fine before I first got the oil lamp in the beginning of the game. Then it started to glitch out.

Percival

So I don't know if everyone has just acquired external controllers or is just skipping this, but I think it may actually be impossible to do the back slice. I've tried repeatedly, and link either jumps straight backward even though I'm L targeting, doesn't jump at all, or (quite literally 1 in 50 times) does the jumps but doesn't do the sword slice fast enough for it to count. I am following the instructions given in the game so just reiterating that isn't going to help.

If there is a button combination that works I am willing to try it.

Beyond that, I do not care about doing it "properly" at this stage and will not be using it outside of the Golden wolf's tests. If there's a way to glitch the game into thinking I've done it, or a code to type in somehow to auto pass it, I'll take that too.

soul.land

Anyone have save file for chapter 9 Lake Hylia: Sidequest? Thanks

HornyBadger

Twilight Princess keeps freezing for me.

It suddenly stops and nothing moves for a while, then it resumes and it looks like its looping through the last few frames over and over.

tried turning off most hacks and set texture cache to safe.
Playing in Vulkan on an Intel m3 7Y30 with an Intel HD Graphics 615 in 2x resolution.
(12-05-2020, 09:07 AM)HornyBadger Wrote: [ -> ]Twilight Princess keeps freezing for me.

It suddenly stops and nothing moves for a while, then it resumes and it looks like its looping through the last few frames over and over.

tried turning off most hacks and set texture cache to safe.
Playing in Vulkan on an Intel m3 7Y30 with an Intel HD Graphics 615 in 2x resolution.

You may want to lower your resolution and make sure that whatever you're using keeps itself cool. That CPU is quite weak and the 1 GHz base clocks don't exactly help.