Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

oleesrl

I'm using the dolphin v 4.0-7723 and I can't use howling stones for some reason. the game doesn't crash or anything like that, there's just no sound when i try to howl.. any tips ? Smile
I have been playing Twilight Princess GC on 4.0.2 for MAC and was able to save directly on the memory card slot A. I would use save states aswell once in a while in some dungeons. But now when i want to open up the game again, nothing has been saved and it asks me if i want to write to Memory Card A like i never played it before so I am stuck using the save states. Problem is I want to use the new developers Dolphin because it worked out the minimap glitch i always had. I tried deleting the memory card A, loading my saved state and saving ingame to create a new memory card in Dolphin/GC and it seems to save. But when i open it again it does not work.. PLEAS HELP!!! Sad

Captain

I found something that maybe good on The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess [GC]
You know that there are sound issues with HLE Audio Plugin, you must use LLE but it is too slow.
I was playing my game with HLE Audio, but the sound hangs and don't get back.
I was using XAudio2 backend, i changed to DSound with HLE Audio and it fixed my sound, i played for 2 hours without sound issues.

This is fixed on newer revisions of Dolphin, but for those who have a 32 bit computer or want to use Dolphin 4.0.2, you can use the DSound backend.

rogerrabbitsclone

hi there TP thread,

I'm having an issue with the mini map and everything i have found relating to it on google is years old and i haven't been able to find anything in the forums that is similar.

I'm getting a strange image on the mini map and the big map, it goes away if i use the direct3d backend but the game slows WAAAAY down. opengl looks great and runs smooth for me all the way up to 2x native (1280x1056) for 720p except for the map issue. i have checked and unchecked every setting i can find in the graphics config.

Please let me know if anyone knows a fix for this thanks

I'm running windows 7 with 16gb ram, and ssd, an i7 and a amd raedon hd 8490

Please let me know if anyone knows a fix for this thanks

little map:
http://s17.postimg.org/a7s7sxuem/TP_map_issue.jpg

big map:
http://s24.postimg.org/piw4z4sx0/tp_map_error_2.jpg
What dolphin version are you using?

rogerrabbitsclone

i can't believe i didnt post that. ver. 4.0-7801
Looks like an issue with your video card/drivers, maybe? Check a few hundred builds ago, maybe there was a regression in Dolphin causing this instead.

rogerrabbitsclone

holy crap you can right click on the game titles.....

ok so using direct3d backend and turning on the hyrule field speed hack makes it work. but at crap resolution and still jittery.

i wish i could make opengl work but this will work for now.
This is really curious, as i can run Twilight Princess at IR 3x with perfect framerate and gameplay on D3D with LLE sound enabled! And my GPU is a AMD GCN 1.0 as well. It runs much worse on Open GL backend.

I have used the AR code to disable bloom, though.

Also, i don't enable AA or AF. I am not sure why, but at 3x IR, i don't see much aliasing on this particularly game.

I usually close as much background applications running on Windows as possible. For example, if i leave some bittorrent running while on dolphin gameplay, the framerate with TP drops considerably. I just keep the antivirus and firewall.

privatenorby

Whenever i try to start a new game, Dolphin crashes. It asks me for link's name, epona's name, then has the darkness message. the moment i accept the darkness settings, crash. anyone know how to fix this? all help is appreciated.