Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-23-2013, 12:17 AM)jessberry123 Wrote: [ -> ]So far no glitches, but the emulator is only ever running at 50%.

Do you mean you got 30fps max instead of 60fps? Then it's normal since it's a 30fps game Big Grin .

However I doubt that you can run this game full-speed with your CPU. Which i5 processor is it exactly?
Hmmm well when I'm running the game, in the top bar the values all hover around FPS: 15 - VPS: 33 - SPEED: 54% ...which I interpreted to mean that the game is running at half speed!

In my 'about this mac' page it says my processor is a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 - is that the info you wanted?

Weirdly, last night the map briefly glitched so that the minimap displayed was just a big square of pixels (which seems to be a known problem), and at that point the speed readout increased to 100% and the game started running beautifully...though I didn't have a map. I don't know if that tells you anything? I'd probably rather have no map and a speedier game...

Thanks in advance for your help!
(04-23-2013, 12:52 AM)jessberry123 Wrote: [ -> ]In my 'about this mac' page it says my processor is a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 - is that the info you wanted?

Look at my sig. My processors are i5 [color=#000000]3570k[/color] and i5 [color=#000000]760[/color]. This is what I wanted to know.

(04-23-2013, 12:52 AM)jessberry123 Wrote: [ -> ]Weirdly, last night the map briefly glitched so that the minimap displayed was just a big square of pixels (which seems to be a known problem), and at that point the speed readout increased to 100% and the game started running beautifully...though I didn't have a map. I don't know if that tells you anything? I'd probably rather have no map and a speedier game...

If you select "Texture" in EFB Copies you'll have no map but the game will be faster.
If you select "RAM" the game will be slower but you'll have proper graphics and map
That is half speed

Also the reason you got the huge speed boost is because EFB to RAM was somehow disabled, if you want you can make that permanent, but then you will have no map.

Edit: ninja'd
Ok...well I have the 'ivy bridge' i5 processor from the 2013 model, which I believe is the 3570k version. I've searched through my computer and can't seem to find where it would list any more information other than telling me I've got ivy bridge...if that doesn't answer your Q maybe you could tell me where I ought to be looking? I only got my mac a month ago and I'm still floundering a bit!

Regarding the EFB settings, I have no idea what's going on. When I checked, the settings were already set to texture. I switched it to RAM, tried the game, switched it back, tried again - no change either time. Under both texture and RAM the readouts along the top were the same. However, the box saying 'ignore format changes' is also ticked, and shaded in light grey so I can't untick it, so perhaps my changes aren't actually having an effect??

Sorry for being such a newb :p

(04-23-2013, 01:06 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Also the reason you got the huge speed boost is because EFB to RAM was somehow disabled, if you want you can make that permanent, but then you will have no map.
I have literally no idea how this happened - If I could make it permanent I would but I don't know how! It happened completely of its own accord and when I played this morning the map was fine again. I didn't touch the settings...
(04-23-2013, 01:27 AM)jessberry123 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok...well I have the 'ivy bridge' i5 processor from the 2013 model, which I believe is the 3570k version.

That's impossible

(04-23-2013, 01:27 AM)jessberry123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2013, 01:06 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Also the reason you got the huge speed boost is because EFB to RAM was somehow disabled, if you want you can make that permanent, but then you will have no map.
I have literally no idea how this happened - If I could make it permanent I would but I don't know how! It happened completely of its own accord and when I played this morning the map was fine again. I didn't touch the settings...

I told you how already
(04-23-2013, 01:27 AM)jessberry123 Wrote: [ -> ]if that doesn't answer your Q maybe you could tell me where I ought to be looking?

Use CPU-Z ( http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html ).

(04-23-2013, 01:27 AM)jessberry123 Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding the EFB settings, I have no idea what's going on. When I checked, the settings were already set to texture. I switched it to RAM, tried the game, switched it back, tried again - no change either time. Under both texture and RAM the readouts along the top were the same. However, the box saying 'ignore format changes' is also ticked, and shaded in light grey so I can't untick it, so perhaps my changes aren't actually having an effect??

EFB to RAM is probably set into .ini file that's why your map looks fine when you launch the game.

Ignore Format Changes isn't available with OpenGL that's why you can't use this option
(04-23-2013, 01:34 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2013, 01:27 AM)jessberry123 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok...well I have the 'ivy bridge' i5 processor from the 2013 model, which I believe is the 3570k version.
That's impossible
Ok - sorry - I think I've found it now. Apparently I have the i5 3210M processor.

I've changed the EFB copies settings from RAM to texture and played through ten minutes or so. The map is working absolutely fine (I've walked through a few areas so that the map changes) and the speed is still at 50%ish...
(04-23-2013, 01:51 AM)jessberry123 Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently I have the i5 3210M processor.

Your CPU is a bit weak for this game.

(04-23-2013, 01:51 AM)jessberry123 Wrote: [ -> ]I've changed the EFB copies settings from RAM to texture and played through ten minutes or so. The map is working absolutely fine (I've walked through a few areas so that the map changes) and the speed is still at 50%ish...

Yeah because EFB Copies is set to "RAM" in your .ini file.

Go into User/GameConfig. In your .ini file you'll find this:
EFBToTextureEnable = False.

Change "False" into "True". Faster but no map Big Grin
Yippee!! Got it!! Big Grin Fine, so now it's running at 100%, without the map working - much better.

So is it slow with the map working because my computer just isn't powerful enough? No way around it?

Thanks very much for all your help - sorry for being a bit thick, I've been on a somewhat steep learning curve over the last few hours... :p