Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a reason you posted this more than once?
(01-17-2013, 03:57 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a reason you posted this more than once?
Exposure. Awareness. Not letting it get buried in a bunch of "how do I get my game to go faster" posts. Why do you care?
(01-17-2013, 04:00 PM)belomeclone Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2013, 03:57 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a reason you posted this more than once?
Exposure. Awareness. Not letting it get buried in a bunch of "how do I get my game to go faster" posts. Why do you care?

He cares because he knows that people don't need to post their issues in more than one place, and the people who do, they end up getting their threads closed and their issue will get less attention than if it was posted only once.
(01-17-2013, 04:09 PM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2013, 04:00 PM)belomeclone Wrote: [ -> ]

He cares because he knows that people don't need to post their issues in more than one place, and the people who do, they end up getting their threads closed and their issue will get less attention than if it was posted only once.
Except this is an actual issue, not "why can't my 1.8ghz pentium IV run brawl". I've seen lots of things get spammed. If it makes you guys feel better I can delete one of them, or both of them. I don't really see why this is an issue for any of you. I didn't make two threads. This has been something I've been looking into. I've gotten zero feedback. I am doing what I can to investigate this issue and all it has given me is grief. Please don't pile the grief on.
Guys, I'm having a problem...

I got regular slowdowns, no matter where I am. Normally i get fixed 30fps, but from time to time it drops to 12-14fps for a couple of seconds (5-10 seconds aprox.) And then goes back to 30fps. To test, I made link stay at front of a wall near his home. It stayed at 30fps for some time (5-6min), and then dropped to 12 fps, and I wasn't even touching the controller (I use a XBOX360 controller). some seconds later, it went back to 30fps. The cycle repeated indefinitely. It didn't happen with other games I tested, and the old version I tried had this issue as well.

I know that's a known slowdown in hyrule, but I didnt even got there. I have this issue since the beginning of the game.

I don't think that Its lack of hardware power. I don't have problems with any other games/emulators. I emulated PS2 games with no slowdowns or such...
============================
There is my settings (enabled ones):
Enable Dual Core
Enable Idle Skipping
Frame Limit: Auto
CPU Emulator Engine: JIT Recompiler

DSP Emulator Engine: DSP HLE emulation

Graphics:
Backend: Direct3D9
Fullscreen resolution: 1280x720
Aspect Ratio: Auto
Use Fullscreen
Show FPS

Internal Resolution: 1x Native
Anti-Aliasing: none
Anisotropic filtering: 1x
Scaled EFB Copy

Ignore Format Changes
EFB Copies: Texture
Texture Cache: all-the-way Fast
External Frame Buffer: Disable
OpenMP Texture Decoder
Disable Fog

ZTP Hack is enable (It was already on when I looked. It is by default, AFAIK)
============================
My PC Specs:
AMD Bulldozer FX-8120 3.4Ghz (TurboCore always on)
8GB RAM DDR3 HyperX Kingston
nVidia Geforce GT240 512MB

Thanks in advance!
PS2: Sorry for my bad english, im not a native.
Did u try to enable Accurate VBeam emulation?
Also check your temps.
(01-18-2013, 09:07 PM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]Also check your temps.
Looks like its a temp issue =/

game runs fine till my fx8120 hits 72 celsius. then slowdown till he cools off to 68. I'm really pissed of with this temp thing. Gonna get a watercooler Angry

Thanks for the help, guys!
Hi!
When I play the game for some reason every now and again the music freezes and goes into a loop, plus the sound effects (for example eponas galloping, link slashing his sword and all other effects) disappear and I just have this annoying music note being replayed over and over.

Any idea what it is?
Thanks Smile
Hi strikerdes,

We have a dedicated Audio Glitch thread located here:
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-aud...ch?page=11

People are experiencing several different variations of audio issues and perhaps you could hop in there and give any input you think would be helpful.