Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the latest dolphin dev build and tried custom textures on it. Everything looks excellent, but sadly my fps takes a dip sometimes and stuttering occur. Is there any option i should check for this game? I use Direct3D. My comp has no problem running Zelda skyward sword at full speed. specs:

intel 4820K at 4.6 ghz
R9 280X 3GB VRAM
16GB RAM
Windows 8.1 64 bit.
Right now, the only thing you can do against the loading stutters is using this build by Degasus: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-hd...#pid362577
I guess it'll soon be merged to master.
(03-02-2015, 06:47 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Right now, the only thing you can do against the loading stutters is using this build by Degasus: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-hd...#pid362577
I guess it'll soon be merged to master.

ok so it is a known issue?
Yep. Well, it's not exactly an issue, Dolphin is doing nothing wrong there. There's just room for optimization. And Degasus is on it.
didnt make it any better Sad

i am using victor rosas texture pack. Is insane slugs texture pack better?
The stutters are happening at first but they should get less while playing over a while.
Except you don't mean the HD texture stutter but the shader cache stutter. That one you can get around using the unofficial Ishiiruka build. However, that won't have that HD stutter fix Tongue
(03-02-2015, 07:26 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]The stutters are happening at first but they should get less while playing over a while.
Except you don't mean the HD texture stutter but the shader cache stutter. That one you can get around using the unofficial Ishiiruka build. However, that won't have that HD stutter fix Tongue

ok thanks. btw, i trying to find insane slugs texture pack. his download link seems to be broken
(03-02-2015, 07:31 AM)scruze Wrote: [ -> ]ok thanks. btw, i trying to find insane slugs texture pack. his download link seems to be broken

I have it. I tried to upload it in parts to Mediafire but it was corrupting some of my downloads, so I stopped trying. At home, my upload speed is laughable. It takes around two hours to upload 200MB.

When the perfect conditions arise (being at my father's office which has a much better internet connection, with my external HDD with the texture pack in it), I'll try uploading it.
ok thanks
(03-02-2015, 07:17 AM)scruzer Wrote: [ -> ]didnt make it any better Sad

i am using victor rosas texture pack. Is insane slugs texture pack better?

Have you enabled prefetch custom textures in advance settings? The setting is highly dependent on system ram too since every texture is uploaded uncompressed there. 8 gb systems are needed for big texture packs.