Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

foxconn

(07-24-2016, 04:25 AM)Admentus Wrote: [ -> ]You must have messed up something. No issues here with Dolphin 5.0 when running Twilight Princess. Maybe you did hide the minimap through the D-Pad button? Which backend renderer do you use? OpenGL, D3D11 or D3D12? You might wanna change between those, especially since D3D12 is experimental for now. Make sure you don't open the graphics settings tab during gameplay, this reverts the settings back to the user preferences. You might wanna try changing Anti-Aliasing and Anistropic filtering (disable it for example).

Ohh yea, I have read your question. I just wondered if you checked the game's wiki page before posting your issue. Most of the time it has vital information on how to fix or improve a particular game. Don't get mad yet. So why would this be useless for Dolphin 5.0? The wiki page perfectly posts info on how to fix the minimap, which was your issue right? I am getting confussed.

So you are saying that earlier versions of Dolphin (pre-5.0) don't have this issue? Dolphin 5.0 seems to be the best version so far, most of my games in my library play without any issues, including Twilight Princess. Yet, I have to admit the minimap may have some noise when using the wrong settings. But it is still perfectly visible to read.

Don't get me wrong, I am not angry or mad. I use emulators for 10 years and I am used to problems with emulation quality. Also, I am skilled enough player to know how to use minimap. But it just doesn't work!

My pc graphics card doesn't support DX12, so I can't use it. But this problem is relevant in both DX11 and OpenGL. I tried to change all settings in graphics menu and even settings of the graphics card itself, but it makes no effect.

But I noticed something. If I turn on virtual frame buffer and then switch back and forward texture accuracy option, the box where minimap is supposed to be will blink with black colour for splitsecond.

That all info I have

UPD

I tried software render, built-in graphics chip, different CPU emulation engines and none of it fixes map(
In 4.x version of Dolphin map works fine, but I don't like overall emulation quality.
About the minimap stuff, maybe you should try removing the content of the cache folder, which is located inside the "Dolphin Emulator" Folder on your documents. Then, run the game again. See if that helps.

Make sure to load the game without any of those hi-res texture packs and that your vga setup configuration isn't messed up.

Keep your Windows and VGA always up to date as well.

Are you using AMD R7 240 2Gb? It's newer than my VGA, and mine does support DX12. I think yours must support it too.

SMWDreams

When I try and load twilight princess in Dolphin 5, I get past the start screen, load a new save file, and after the brightness check the game crashes. I have tried both NTSC-U and PAL, neither of which have worked properly. Any help in regards to the issue would be appreciated, as my disk for the game broke a few days ago Sad.
You are the second person on this very thread, with exactly the same VGA (intel graphic 5500) who informed this issue with this game on Dolphin 5.0 stable. I recommend report it here https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/projects/emulator/issues or inform JMC47 or other good dolphin developer about this.

However, i advice you to test earlier dolphin builds (non stable builds previous to 5.0 stable) and try to find for yourself the last working one. It's something that can be dramatically helpful.

foxconn

(07-27-2016, 03:12 PM)Genesis Wrote: [ -> ]About the minimap stuff, maybe you should try removing the content of the cache folder, which is located inside the "Dolphin Emulator" Folder on your documents. Then, run the game again. See if that helps.

Make sure to load the game without any of those hi-res texture packs and that your vga setup configuration isn't messed up.

Keep your Windows and VGA always up to date as well.

Are you using AMD R7 240 2Gb? It's newer than my VGA, and mine does support DX12. I think yours must support it too.

Deleting Chache Folder didn't help... but OMG... I deleted entire Dolphin folder from Documents and it WORKD!!!
I AM SO HAPPY!!! THANKS A LOT! ^_^

Also, I realized, that I don't have DX12 cuz I use Windows 8.1, not 10

joycevermeer

(12-26-2012, 12:58 PM)Indigogirl Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Everybody,

I'm new to using the Dolphin Emulator and the forums so I hope I am putting this where it belongs.

I just wanted to share some information about using keyboard only for Zelda: Twilight Princess since I have had such a hard time myself figuring it out.

I attached a word document with a screen shot of how I have my keys set up (didn't know how to paste it in here).

Any way this is what works for me with that key set up

hold Enter will go to my inventory and save option

My arrow keys move me

J, K, and L move my camera view

x is my A button (yes) and z is my b button (no)

F is my map and G & T open my items

One of the most important things I wanted to explain was how to fish with the keyboard only.

When I received my fish pole I went to my items (push T or G) then you need to set it to a button.
It says set item y or x ( in my setting that would be c or s) I personally choose c. After setting it up you just go up to the water and push c to cast. Once a fish pulls the bobber down you use k and down arrow to reel it in. It took me a little practice tapping k seems to work best.

Also i will zoom to first person and then k to zoom out when your not doing anything.

I will post anything else later that I can remember!!

Good Luck

How do you reel in? My C stick is Up (I) down (K) left (J) and right (L). supposedly you have to go down to reel in. but my macbook is flipping and Link is just pulling it back out of the water. I have been looking all over the internet for answers now, But haven't found anything. Please help me....

joycevermeer

Hey There,

I am using Dolphin 5.0. I am playing The legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, but I am playing with my keyboard. Nothing wrong with that. But i just started and i'm stuck already. I can't fish. I have no idea how to reel in. Huh Undecided

My arrow keys are my moving keys so up down left en right.
My A and S keys are A and B
My Q and W keys are Y and Z
My 1 and 2 keys are L and R

My C Stick is I (up), K (down) , J (left) and L (right)
My D pad is T (up), G (down) , F (left) and H (right)

My start key is RETURN

Can Anyone tell me how i am suppose to reel in the fishing rob. this is really frustrating and i can't find it anywhere on the web. Sad

Thank you!

matjkk

Hey guys, just got a little problem, everything so far is going well, Dolphin 5.0, game is running smoothly, got the widescreen hack working and it all looks great, but I've come to a road block in the Twilight version of Faron woods collecting the tears of light. When I go into Coro's hut (the latern oil guy) I can see the spirit but when I go into sense mode it just stays the same, he doesn't appear and doesn't trigger any dialogue options for the dark bugs.
They are the last two tears of light I need and cannot progress past this point.  I was looking at some walkthoughs thinking it was some puzzle, instead of just using Sense!

Is this a glitch in the emulation, I've tried turning a few options off and on, I've got 'Disable Bounding Box' off, I thought that might be interrupting the interaction, but I'm a little stumped. Is this just something I stuffed up when I first visited it didn't trigger so I went through the rest of the area and did everything else.  I'm hoping I'm just being dumb and missing but should I restart a new run through?

Any ideas of what I should be trying would be great, or even just confirmation that if I restarted that might clear it up so I don't have to get stuck at the same point again if I do restart!

Much appreciated!

matjkk

Nevermind! Problem Solved!! Just in case anyone else runs into the same thing, it turns out it was connected to the Widescreen Gecko Code.  I restarted and when I got the the first twilight area, I couldn't interact with the very first soldier spirit, but I had been able to before!  The only difference is that when I first went through I hadn't put the widescreen code on yet!

Sure enough, taking the widescreen Gecko code off, then reloading my previous save that I was having trouble with and then I was able to trigger the spirit of Coro and complete the Faron woods area!

I have no idea the mechanics behind why the widescreen hack would affect it like that, as everything else working fine and it was running smoothly, but anyway if someone has the same problem, that's how I sorted it! I'll just end up playing it in 4:3, not too drastic a sacrifice!  Tongue

DarkSideofBlack

Hey guys! I've recently acquired a GPU and picked up dolphin again since I can now run games at >50% emulation speed, but I'm running into this minor glitch in TP that's kinda irritating. For whatever reason, my minimap is fine (minor noise with AA or anisotropic, but I just turn those off along with the HF speedhack) except for the box around it causing major pixelation and resolution degradation. Nothing to make it unplayable, just a bit jarring when Link's left half is about 3 resolutions lower than his right half. Any thoughts?

Imgur link: http://imgur.com/iUOUaXH

EDIT: Just checked it again, and it's not just the minimap, it's everything on the upper right quarter of the screen.

EDIT2: I have a .dtm that clearly shows the issue, but it won't let me upload it as an attachment. How would I go about posting that?