Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not always; it can also mean you're having GPU thread slowdown.
Audio died while I was going through the Twilight Palace. It worked fine before, and then going through it, the music stopped, but sound effects continued. By the time I reached the end of the palace, there wasn't any audio whatsoever. I thought it might come back after I exited and returned to the regular world, but still nothing. I saved and tried different audio settings, but can't get it back. If I reset the game and let it play the intro videos, the audio plays perfectly, but as soon as I go into my save file, complete silence. Any ideas? I'm currently running the 64 bit version of Dolphin 4.0.2 on 64 bit Windows 10.
Use the latest development version. A lot of work has been done for Zelda games since 4.0.2 came out.
For people interested. Here is a comparison of how different internal resolutions affect the light ray affects without AF (Because the one on the wiki is pretty terrible). AF seems to do the same thing as resolutions. So AF 2X on 1X native resolution gives the same effects as running the game at 2X native without AF.

Spoiler:
I wonder though, Is it even possible to fix this? Because it looks like something is coded into the game that bases the density of light rays on how much pixels it takes up on screen to make them fade out when getting closer. So technically speaking is the effect be properly emulated.

iam13islucky

On one of the newer DEV builds (4.0-5901), I am still experiencing some Slowdown in Hyrule Field. just running at stock DirectX settings except for 2.5x native res, but returning to native has no effect. If I warp to just in front of castle town, I go from the steady 30 FPS I have in all dungeons and areas, to 28-22 FPS that really screws up the audio and makes it frustrating. I'm on Win8.1 Pro x64, with a i5-3570k at stock speeds, a Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti at stock, and 8 GB of Kingston DDR3 ram. Any help would be nice. Screen is 1920x1080, so I am thinking of doing the widescreen hack, but I didn't want to mess with that till I fix the lag issue.
Thanks for any help!
(03-30-2015, 05:01 AM)iam13islucky Wrote: [ -> ]8 MB of Kingston DDR3 ram
If it wasnt for the fact that I'm pretty sure you mean 8GB would I blame your problems on this Tongue

First try using OpenGL (is faster in every game that I've tried. No matter what people keep saying about directX being supposedly faster). If things still lag go to Graphics -> Hacks and make sure Skip EFB Access from CPU and Store EFB Copies to Textures Only are checked. Also slide the Texture Cache Accuracy to Fast if it isnt there already. From what I recall were these the setting I completed the game with on my i5 2500k @ 3.3 ghz and Radeon HD 6870 without any notable problems @ 1080p resolution on recent builds.

iam13islucky

(03-30-2015, 10:14 AM)Skywolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2015, 05:01 AM)iam13islucky Wrote: [ -> ]8 MB of Kingston DDR3 ram
If it wasnt for the fact that I'm pretty sure you mean 8GB would I blame your problems on this Tongue

First try using OpenGL (is faster in every game that I've tried. No matter what people keep saying about directX being supposedly faster). If things still lag go to Graphics -> Hacks and make sure Skip EFB Access from CPU and Store EFB Copies to Textures Only are checked. Also slide the Texture Cache Accuracy to Fast if it isnt there already. From what I recall were these the setting I completed the game with on my i5 2500k @ 3.3 ghz and Radeon HD 6870 without any notable problems @ 1080p resolution on recent builds.

I did try OpenGL before I came here, should have included that. It was worse, but only by ~2FPS. I'll try that in a bit and edit my post with the result. Currently doing other things and can't open up dolphin.
EDIT: Did not help at all. I also happened to look into the properties and ticked the "Hyrule Field Speed Hack", but it made no difference. I tried it again with OpenGL, with those settings you told me, no dice. In fact, whenever I changed from man to wolf or vice versa, I dropped from 30 to 26 FPS. Any other ideas?
If it's the same speed with and without the speed hack, then the speed hack is not working properly. If you hold tab down, you should easily get way more than 30 fps there.

Make sure that you use the latest Dolphin version with the latest set of .ini files. For the NTSC version it should show 2 different speed hacks, try both.

iam13islucky

(03-30-2015, 11:39 AM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]If it's the same speed with and without the speed hack, then the speed hack is not working properly. If you hold tab down, you should easily get way more than 30 fps there.

Make sure that you use the latest Dolphin version with the latest set of .ini files. For the NTSC version it should show 2 different speed hacks, try both.

Okay, I updated, and now it works! Still only 1 hyrule speed hack, but that is fine, it works perfectly! I tired it with OpenGL, same settings as mentioned above. I'll try with DirectX next time, and if it doesn't work, I'll come back and tell this forum, but if it works too, then I am done on this thread unless I find another issue! THANKS!
Is possible to make the dialogues (texts) 16:9? The Wii edition can do that, but in GC with AR and widescreen hack make it look fat and bigger Sad
Ps: Sorry for my english