Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Super Mario Sunshine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, looking for some help on a couple issues I've had with this game and it's driving me crazy because I want to play this game more than any others in Dolphin. First off, here are my PC specs:
CPU: Quad-core AMD FX-4100 OC'ed to 4.0 Ghz
GPU: Radeon HD 6870
RAM: G-skill 8GB @ 1600Mhz
Dolphin: v3.0-716 64-bit

And here are my settings in Dolphin: General, Enhancements, & Hacks
I don't have any of the options selected in the Advanced tab.

Problem 1: Goo is extremely aliased
Here's a screenshot for an idea of what I'm talking about:

Problem 2: Won't do 16x9
I've tried everything I can to try and get Dolphin to stretch the game to 16x9 but it refuses. I've tried choosing Force 16x9, I've tried choosing Stretch to Window, and I've even tried the Widescreen hack but none of them will make the game go into 16x9 when my resolution is set to 1920x1080. All the other gamecube games I've tried will stretch the image but not Sunshine.

Does anybody have any suggestions for what I can check or uncheck to fix either of the issues I'm having? I'd really appreciate it and thank you in advance!
Some settings cleanup and adjustment:
Set your IR to x4, your GPU can easily handle it.
Raise your AF to x16.
Untick Disable Per-Pixel Depth.
Disable OpenCL.
If you have widescreen hack enabled, untick it as it may cause issues with the game.

Check if problem 1 is solved.
(07-07-2012, 09:34 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Some settings cleanup and adjustment:
Set your IR to x4, your GPU can easily handle it.
Raise your AF to x16.
Untick Disable Per-Pixel Depth.
Disable OpenCL.
If you have widescreen hack enabled, untick it as it may cause issues with the game.

Check if problem 1 is solved.

Just changed all the settings you suggested, the goo is still as aliased as before. Here are my current settings now after changing the things you suggested.

Hmm... before we try other things, switch your back-end to OpenGL, while setting the settings as suggested before.
See if it solves problem 1.
(07-07-2012, 10:18 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm... before we try other things, switch your back-end to OpenGL, while setting the settings as suggested before.
See if it solves problem 1.

Switched to OpenGL with the exact same settings as Direct3D9...the goo is still just as blocky. I also get some screen tearing now too (ticking Vsync seems to get rid of that though).
Try using the official Dolphin 3.0 release which you can find at the bottom of this page.
Use the settings with both DirectX9 and OpenGL.
(07-07-2012, 10:52 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Try using the official Dolphin 3.0 release which you can find at the bottom of this page.
Use the settings with both DirectX9 and OpenGL.

Still getting blocky goo and now it's doing the infamous sliding too.

Dolphin 3.0 Direct3D9 Settings - > Result

Using OpenGL and all the same settings in Dolphin 3.0 I still get the blocky goo, but it doesn't slide.
See if enabling the efb cache next to the ram option helps.
(07-07-2012, 11:30 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]See if enabling the efb cache next to the ram option helps.

Nope, no difference in Direct3D9 or OpenGL with the Enable EFB Cache box ticked in Dolphin 3.0. Still have blocky goo on OpenGL and sliding blocky goo on Direct3D9.
Do not set your internal resolution to one of the "Auto" values (2x should be sufficient); toggle scaled EFB copies (enable them if they're disabled, disable them if they're enabled); disable XFB; toggle EFB copy cache.

Or actually, maybe setting IR to Auto (window size) might do the trick.