Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Super Mario Sunshine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ayuanx, eh? He did a lot of big work...and because of that it wouldn't have been any problem that he broke a lot of stuff...it's only shitty that he suddenly left with everything broken :|

Anyway...it seems like that commit had something to do with dual core support...have you tried if the freezing issue also happens when Dual Core is disabled?
(06-09-2010, 01:25 AM)lapamiko Wrote: [ -> ]I did some testing, and found out that R4830 causes the freeze problem. I filed an issue about this. Smile

Can someone do a small patch or something for that issue, or is that a complex thing wich requires more work ???

lapamiko

I tried the game with dual core disabled, and it didn't freeze. It is so slow though that a proper fix would be really great.

vickers500

(06-08-2010, 04:10 PM)Hado Wrote: [ -> ]
Vickers500 Wrote:either the button is fully pressed down or it isn't. My question is, how (if possible) can I set button sensitivity so I can run and spray water at the same time? I imagine it has something to do with threshold, but I tried a really high number and a really low number, but it doesn't make a difference.

Go into the gc gamepad plugin and there's an option to "semi-press" a trigger, it's called "Semi-R/Semi-L", you want the Semi-R to spray and run. I know its not a real solution to the problem, but well it works anyway.

Btw, i'm gonna try that revision to see if it fixes my freezes too.

Where is that option at? Do I need to download a plugin or something, because that menu option is not a choice. Here is a screenshot of what's available (there's some stuff above the list naturally, but it's for the other regular buttons) http://yfrog.com/6dnosemilrp
Vickers500 Wrote:Where is that option at? Do I need to download a plugin or something, because that menu option is not a choice. Here is a screenshot of what's available (there's some stuff above the list naturally, but it's for the other regular buttons)

You're using the new Gcpad plugin wich is a little different from mine, i use the "GCpad plugin"(an older one), but the option its still in triggers, named "L-analog"/"R-analog", you have to assign a button to R-analog wich hopefully will spray the water while mario is running.
(06-09-2010, 03:15 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway...it seems like that commit had something to do with dual core support...have you tried if the freezing issue also happens when Dual Core is disabled?

I will try to disable it and see if it the issue or not.
Coz using rev4525 is sucks(Bad graphic,lagging,water glitch,but there isnt a freeze)

EditBig Grinisabled it but the game is so slowwww,so forget it
(06-09-2010, 09:07 AM)Travixyz Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2010, 03:15 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway...it seems like that commit had something to do with dual core support...have you tried if the freezing issue also happens when Dual Core is disabled?

I will try to disable it and see if it the issue or not.
Coz using rev4525 is sucks(Bad graphic,lagging,water glitch,but there isnt a freeze)

EditBig Grinisabled it but the game is so slowwww,so forget it

I agree.
I tested r4525 and indeed works, without freezes. the last versions allways freeze in the piranha boss of the top of the windmill. This dolphin version works without crash. But bad graphics and gamepad plugins.
The graphics are indeed Wrong. When you are chosing the save game , the water graphics comparing with last emlulators are absolutely untextured. And when we star the game the heat effect is duplicating everything in range Dodgy

But now that the problem has reported by an user, maybe the problem of the last versions freezes, can by resolve and the game finally PERFECT. Big Grin

i´ll pray for that because it´s a beatiful and fun game, that i remember for may dead gamecube Confused
i cant seem to get the paint globs on the ground to show up in some places and when i spray them they dont seem to go away at all. but other then that i get the game to run a great speeds with no other problems.
(06-10-2010, 03:42 AM)STALTHNOX Wrote: [ -> ]i cant seem to get the paint globs on the ground to show up in some places and when i spray them they dont seem to go away at all. but other then that i get the game to run a great speeds with no other problems.

that was a problem from that version direct3d Sad

But CHECK THIS OUT: i tested last version (r5639) and the game last much more time before had a freeze again Undecided
I almost belived that the problem was already solved. But not yet. But i´m stating to think that has to be something about the direct3d plugin. Keep the good work you guys Big Grin
Hey guys, a small off topic question:

Is there a way to save manually besides of the normal ingame save, like in emulators for older systems? What I wanna do is to save at a certain point so I dont have to do long passages again, like in those hard areas without water-device.