Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Super Mario Sunshine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
use dx9 plugin Tongue
svn r5879 doesnt detect dx9 plugin, also opengl is locked to native cube res which makes mario look like a mass of pixels.
It gets slow with mario kart to, they both run full speed on r4525.
spec:
winxp pro - 32bit
intel pentium dual core E5300@2.6ghz
2gb ddr2
ATI Radeon HD 2900XT
download directx again and install it.

Super Mario Sunshine looks so much better with the latest revision (well, I am a few revisions behind). It seems that the heatwave finally looks good through EFB > Ram. I'm Happy.

I just have one problem, when I start the first world (the one under the statue), the goo seems to move. When I start playing, it seems like there is less goo than there should be. Is there something I can do?

(06-18-2010, 04:02 AM)RupeeClock Wrote: [ -> ]Well well, it seems that with R5719, the freezing in Mario Sunshine is gone! No need to use that old FIFO patch now. Smile

On another note, I found there's a bug when using EFB scale Auto Fractional, or EFB scale 1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7XnQr4iEno

Just set EFB scale to 2, 3 or Auto Incremental and goop and paint won't slide across the levels.

There's also one last bug, if you are using a windowed resolution of 640 by 480, and use EFB scale Auto Fractional, you'll get an error "Unable to stretch data to buffer"

In the long run, just dont' use Auto Fractional EFB scaling for Mario Sunshine.

Thanks! Worked perfectly.
(06-18-2010, 04:02 AM)RupeeClock Wrote: [ -> ]On another note, I found there's a bug when using EFB scale Auto Fractional, or EFB scale 1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7XnQr4iEno

Just set EFB scale to 2, 3 or Auto Incremental and goop and paint won't slide across the levels.

There's also one last bug, if you are using a windowed resolution of 640 by 480, and use EFB scale Auto Fractional, you'll get an error "Unable to stretch data to buffer"

This helped me a lot , thank you

PS : I get better performance out of the PAL version of the game, try it out! It only needs 25 fps to run at full speed instead of the 30 of the NTSC version.
BUT, its less smoother Tongue
Not really.
You're losing 5fps, it will be less smooth than the full 30 regardless. Your eyes might be more tolerant than others, but for someone like me, you can tell. If you're getting better performance at 25fps, you probably can't even get the full 30 anyways and that's why you think it isn't any less smooth.
(07-18-2010, 06:03 PM)Granville Wrote: [ -> ]You're losing 5fps, it will be less smooth than the full 30 regardless. Your eyes might be more tolerant than others, but for someone like me, you can tell. If you're getting better performance at 25fps, you probably can't even get the full 30 anyways and that's why you think it isn't any less smooth.

Yup that's exactly it ..

The game runs a lot smoother for me in PAL since i'm at the edge of my computer's abilities while runing it. The 5 less frames it has to render makes the emulation much more stable , i get no slowdowns , no sound glitches , whereas in the NTSC version it messes up.

I'd rather have a smooth pal version than a choppy NTSC one.

so i really can't say it any other way , the pal version runs the game much much smoother for me.

zoneout

mine was running onk when i tried it earlier now when i start it up the colours are all bluey etc :/ is this common?
In DX11 (good speed, it just miss the hybrid Copy EFB to RAM), there's some objects that appear darker and with different textures (eg. wooden signs and platforms with ropes on Bianco Hills). But at certain angles, they simply reappear as normal. O.o

Will test with DX9 to see if it's plugin-related or not.