Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Super Mario Sunshine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

El Digato

I can't run SMS easily (File Select runs perfectly though)

[Image: specsx.png]

Suggestions? Frame Limit?

Naraku

Hi, I'm running SMS on Dolphin build 6727, and I had a few questions from problems I'm having. The main problem is I can get it to run at full speed and its really laggy on my comp. I had show fps enabled, and during cutscenes it reads 25-30, but gameplay I can get it to 10 at best. For the config I'm using the 3D 9 setting, and I managed to bypass the usual glitches by reading this forum. Another problem Im having is on Rico Harbor for the 2nd Shine. I'm using the keyboard for my controller, but I cant figure out how to get the blooper to go full speed to complete the stage. If anyone has any suggestions, Id really appreciate the help.

ASUS Notebook K52F/K62FSeries
Intel® Core™ i3 CPU
M 370 @ 240GHz
4 GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Hipstarr

(11-15-2010, 04:32 PM)shiggles Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to show my appreciation to the forum for getting me up and running playing this awesome game. I put together this guide to getting the game running perfectly, from scratch. It works awesome for me running an 8800 GT and a pretty inexpensive Core 2 Duo.

1. Download this specific revision of Dolphin:

Thanks to IcemanSR for providing the revisions and patch!

32-bit
64-bit

2. Install by extracting to a directory, or upgrade by copying over your old version.

3 Place this patch in the same directory as Dolphin.exe: fifofix.patch

4. Start the new version of Dolphin.

5. Add the Super Mario Sunshine file of your choice. Right click it, click Properties. On the resulting screen click the 'Patches' tab, then click 'Add.'

6. In the resulting window type 'fifofix' as the name and hit OK.

7. In Dolphin, click Config and set General up like the following:
[Image: generalw.jpg]
Leave the rest of the tabs as default, except for plugins. Make sure you select Dolphin Direct3D9 for Graphics. Hit OK.

8. Click Graphics on the main screen and config thusly:
Direct3D: [Image: direct3d.jpg]
Enhancements: [Image: enhancements.jpg]
Advanced: [Image: advanced.jpg]

9. Click DSP and ensure that all three check boxes are checked. Audio Backend should be set to 'DSound.'

10. Restart Dolphin.

11. Start the game. It should run well and the sound will be in sync.

Note: if you receive an error about there being no place to save, go into Dolphin, click Tools > Memcard Manager. Click the left 'Browse' button and browse your your .raw save file and double click it. Close Memcard manager. You might have to do this every time you start dolphin.

With this setup, revision and configuration I have consistent 30fps. It plays smooth and perfectly. Please backup your save files if this is an upgrade, as you will likely lose your saves.

As a supplement to my previous post I'm adding this guide on setting up the Logitech F310 gamepad as a flawless controller for Super Mario Sunshine:
For more info on the Logitech F310, go to this link: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/con...vices/7360

1. After the drivers and Logitech software have been installed; plug your controller in and ensure the switch on the back of the controller is set to 'X'. (this is XBox emulation mode).

2. Start Dolphin and click Config. Go to the Plugins tab and ensure that 'Dolphin GCPad New' is selected for the 'Gamecube Pad' section. Click OK.

3. In the main Dolphin window, click the 'GCPad' button.

4. Set the controller options like this:
[Image: gcpad.jpg]

Note: I set the Z button as the right Thumbstick click. This frees up the top four buttons for all the required analog triggers and buttons.

5. Save this GCPad profile.

Controls:

This best emulates the original Gamecube controller. The A button is still at the bottom, but the B, Y and X buttons go around it in a clockwise fashion.

To run and spray: Press the R trigger down any amount.
To stand and spray while aiming: Press the R button.
To open the map (Z button): Click on the right control stick.

I'm having problems with trying to access the fifofix.patch it keeps trying to tell me I'm not logged in no matter how I try and access the link. And when I search for it on the forums....it's no where D:

Someone help?

emerald000

I am getting a weird graphical bug when I run this game. I am running r7433 on Ubuntu and I get that with the default settings. I put the recommended settings from the wiki but nothing changed. I also tried adding/removing every option available, but nothing useful there either. I am at a lost on what happens, since I seem to be the only one with that problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Confirming the issue above. (posting this to prevent some stupid pseudo-advice, so think about what you suggest to this guy...)

emerald000

I am dual-booting Ubuntu and Vista on my computer, so I decided to give it a try on Vista. I downloaded the same version (r7433) and the problem wasn't there. That means it is an Ubuntu-specific problem.

Also, I get a bug when playing on Vista on the Serena Beach Chapter 1 shine. That's the one where you have to kill the manta ray dropping electric goop. Dolphin crashes one or two minutes into the fight.
(04-19-2011, 08:26 AM)emerald000 Wrote: [ -> ]I am dual-booting Ubuntu and Vista on my computer, so I decided to give it a try on Vista. I downloaded the same version (r7433) and the problem wasn't there. That means it is an Ubuntu-specific problem.

Also, I get a bug when playing on Vista on the Serena Beach Chapter 1 shine. That's the one where you have to kill the manta ray dropping electric goop. Dolphin crashes one or two minutes into the fight.

Well then defeat him in less that 2 min. Big Grin
(04-19-2011, 08:26 AM)emerald000 Wrote: [ -> ]I am dual-booting Ubuntu and Vista on my computer, so I decided to give it a try on Vista. I downloaded the same version (r7433) and the problem wasn't there. That means it is an Ubuntu-specific problem.

I guess the difference here is that Linux is limited to OpenGL alas where Windows have Direct3D 9, Direct3D 11 and OpenGL. (Is OpenCL used anymore?)
Which could explain why the issue wasn't there in Windows I think.

Regarding the boss fight I don't know really.

Nuwanda

On the last release (R7550), I've noticed that the goo works if the internal resolution is set to "Auto (Multiple of 640x528)", even if "Copy EFB to Texture" is selected.
If I set the internal resolution is set to "Auto (Window size)", there's no goo, and I don't mean that it is there but invisible (i.e.: Mario slips when walking over it, even if I can't see it), but there is none (Mario doesn't slip, like it happens in version 2.0). This is true even if I select "Copy EFB to RAM"!

I am posting in case anyone cares, I'm just happy with "Copy EFB to Texture" and internal resolution set to "Auto (Multiple of 640x528)" ^^

BTW, this 7550 release works MUCH better than 2.0, I usually get 30 FPS when I used to get about 20+ Big Grin

Thank you so much for all the work!
I tried playing this game a year back but after a while it would corrupt my save game data file and kill all my saves for all my games.

Does this still happen?
Hello? TEstign testing testing.