Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Super Mario Sunshine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
you're welcome Smile

But the real "thank you" goes to neobrain who developed the patch Tongue
Hi guys. My laptop specs are pretty bad... and it's a laptop, but I was wondering if there's a way (using a special revision, special settings, or whatever) I could have this game running smoothly (well, mostly).

I have:
i5 M480 @ 2.67 ghz (bottleneck here)
Windows 7 x64
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550
4gb ram

Right now, the game runs pretty well on the following settings, right up until I enter the large area of Bianco Hills (at which point it becomes unplayable):

D3D9
1x Native Resolution
AA: None
Anisotropic: 1x
Scaled EFB Copy Checked
Ignore Format Changes Checked
EFB Copies -> Texture
Texture Cache "Fast"
External Frame Buffer: Disabled

Checked:
Disable Per-Pixel Depth
OpenCL Texture Decoder
Disable Fog
OpenMP Texture Decoder

Using Dolphin 3.0-692 Dirty... should maybe try out 710.
Sunshine needs EFB Copies to RAM to work properly.
btw: Uncheck OpenCL Texture Decoder and OpenMP Texture Decoder.

But note: EFB Copies to RAM will slow down the game.
I have read that in the latest revisions, EFB copies to Texture works as long as you're running native resolution. This reflects my experiences: the goo functions just fine with EFB->Texture.

Will try the other stuff, thanks.
Game is working much better now, but I'm experiencing random slowdowns not related to heat. My processor is only at about 40%, GPU is hot but it's been hotter (lol). Not sure what's happening here... at seemingly random times, the game will slow down and then not recover until I've restarted it.
Well, did you try the official Dolphin 3.0 release? It's still a fast and stable version Wink
Yes, but not since I made a few other optimizations. I'll try it and get back to you. Smile Thanks for the help everyone, starting to just think it won't work with my processor (just a little too slow...)
Yeah doesn't matter what version I use, still get random slowdowns. It can happen at any time, and the only way to recover is to restart Dolphin. Too much work. I don't know what's causing it, but I suspect if I had a faster processor I wouldn't really notice it.
I'm stuck on 2 missions because the goo won't truly go away when spraying it, although I see it going away. Yes I have EFB copy set to Ram from the hacks menu, I've been playing with that setting through the whole game, an I still slip on goo even when it was sprayed away. I'm using Dolphin r704 Hashless

Are there any real solutions to this?
(07-04-2012, 09:12 AM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]Yeh, Hashless 736 is here:

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/sou...4689fbf1f1

Thanks a lot dude! I updated to this build, and I set EFB copy to Texture, an I was able to remove goo normally. Now I got something to play ^_^
Do you know where I can get updates to the hashless compiled builds?

Edit: I can't pass mission 6 in Sirena beach, where you spray away all the green goo. I know I got it spotless more than once, an it won't accept it. Yet I beat mission 6 in the last world, where you spray the goo and save the ppl. I know the goo is working correctly, just not in serena beach. Any solutions?