Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Super Mario Sunshine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whenever I try to play this game, it crashes. Right after the Dolby Digital logo comes up, it says:

READ: Invalid address: 474d5361
ERROR: Trying to compile at 0. LR=802a6be8
iCatcheJIT: Reading Opcode from fffffffc. Please report.

Any thoughts?
Game runs with up to 200 VPS and 60FPS...its way to fast...someone know how to do it slower?..
Frame limiter dont work...game still run to fast =/

Pls reply
(01-24-2010, 04:26 AM)Necrogoth Wrote: [ -> ]Game runs with up to 200 VPS and 60FPS...its way to fast...someone know how to do it slower?..
Frame limiter dont work...game still run to fast =/

Pls reply

In newer revision you must put framelimit to Auto instead of off/number value for Sunshine, or the speed is too fast.
Hi everybody,

I'am playing a lot to SMS and I love this game.
Unfortunately, the game runs almost perfect but slightly problems :

1) nJoy 0.3 plugin bugs with deadzone : my PS2 right analog stick is always active (no deadzone) a bit so major part of the time, the camera is turning around mario (not too fast, sigh !)
2) I can play maybe one hour or even more without problem and suddently the game crash

I play under W7 Pro 64bit version and dolphin official release SVN R4771
Cf. sig for my computer spec.

Anyone has these problems ?
Is it normal ("only" 99% compatible ?) ?
Or is it my computer problem ?

Thanks
Hello everyone,
I'am stuck at Rico Harbor episode 8.
I saw in this video I need to bring fruit to yoshi, the one he is waiting for : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_7RKlKh96A

But When I'am playing through dolphin, I never see the yoshi in the port.
Why ? Is it a bug ? Do I need to do something before ?
Can you help me please. Thank you !
it's not a bug. you need to save yoshi first at Pinna Park episode 4.

here. you'll need one of these walkthroughs from gamefaqs. i recommend the one from CMoriarty.
People who say the game's too fast, whats your resolution seriously ?

I play this game with latest build, with direct9 and full screen 1680x1050 antiali x2,5 and I can't have 30 fps all the way. I'm at 26-27 and when enabling EFP to RAM 20-25. (Pal version with 60Hz activated in the menu)

I got E8500, ATI 5870, 3Gb RAM.

So how do I run this game at full speed ?

Futhermore I got Screen problem :
[Image: mariotl.th.jpg]
@bobaka
try a newer release, and try both, Direct3D and Open GL, Enable EFB copy to RAM or to Texture.

@Skylord
Try Enable EFB copy to Texture, in many Games this increases the FPS.
(03-02-2010, 06:51 AM)pizzaM4N Wrote: [ -> ]@bobaka
try a newer release, and try both, Direct3D and Open GL, Enable EFB copy to RAM or to Texture.

@Skylord
Try Enable EFB copy to Texture, in many Games this increases the FPS.

Indeed it increased my fps, but I still have the image wich appears in double like in my screen Sad

webcider

Hey people wanted to say that i finally figured out how to configure dolphin to work with the triggers on my gamepad its really satisfying to play Super Mario Sunshine now. i use the latest rev control plugin GCPad and has a emulated Xbox 360 controller. my gamepad is a PS3 controller however i asume this method will work with all Controllers as long as you can get the emulation to work. I will post later exactly what i have done that is when i am back home from school as i can't remember the details in my head sadly.

I am really impressed with Dolphin Teams effort. It seems however you need to test quite alot before you find the optimal dolphin build for exactly your type of game. anyways i post later my Rev and what i did to make this run smoothly. on a E8400 3 ghz with a crappy geforce 8600 nvidia card. So i far i hadn't had any errors and i currently has collected over 31 shrines. so its a fully playable game i do recommend to use save state for the obstacle courses and also wanted to note that the game runs very slow even in DX 9 plugin if i use any quality upgrading options like Anti aliasing or such. For me its not a turn off. but i guess its not optimal setup i found if you want to play with those enhancements. I care more about the fluidness of the game than the enhancements and for that this setup i found is quite like playing it on my Gamecube ^_^

Added information: Dolphin rev 4897, DX 9 with a native resolution 640x480 EFB Copy to ram and MSAAx4 Uncheck Safe Texture and Unchecked CPU << EFB. Check the 2 first boxes in DX9 plugin tab named Enhancements, its running smooth around 28-30 fps all the time. Totally Playable the only thing which is no problem as the game saves very often is it randomly freezes resulting in the whole emulation to crash, after intense playthrough. thats about over 1 hour of playing.

What i did to emulate my PS3 controller was in DS 3 tools to choose enable Xbox 360 controller emulation, i hope this information helps someone having controller issues otherwise happy playing.