Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Super Mario Sunshine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-02-2010, 07:18 AM)Skylord Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2010, 06:51 AM)pizzaM4N Wrote: [ -> ]@bobaka
try a newer release, and try both, Direct3D and Open GL, Enable EFB copy to RAM or to Texture.

@Skylord
Try Enable EFB copy to Texture, in many Games this increases the FPS.

Indeed it increased my fps, but I still have the image wich appears in double like in my screen Sad

Maybe you can try an other release or you can download this Game settings.
Hey I'm having some major issues with Super Mario Sunshine. I'm struggling to get 30 FPS and there appears to be invisible goo everywhere or something. I set the RFB copy to RAM which kills my FPS but supposedly fixes the Goo? Once I set it to texture I get decent 25-30 FPS with the occasional drop. What's going on with this? I thought SMS didn't need much CPU power? My graphics drivers are up to date and I am using Dx11. My dolphin graphic setting is Dx9 mode, as it seems to be less laggy and give more FPS.

Spec:

Dolphin Build: SVN Revision 5152
CPU: AMD Athlon II x 3 425 Processor 2.70GHz
RAM: 3GB 2.75GB Usable
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 9200 with 1392 mb ram? (Says in dxdiag?)
Go to the DSP plugin settings and disable Audio throttle.

I usually have Framelimiter:Off and AudioThrottle:On for most games, but in this one it seems it must be the opposite.

EDIT: Remember to restart Dolphin each time before launching the game.
(03-16-2010, 01:56 PM)GodRays Wrote: [ -> ]Go to the DSP plugin settings and disable Audio throttle.

I usually have Framelimiter:Off and AudioThrottle:On for most games, but in this one it seems it must be the opposite.

EDIT: Remember to restart Dolphin each time before launching the game.

Tried all this and I've tried 3 different versions of dolphin. My PC should be able to handle this right? Why am I getting such terrible FPS?
I have some similar specs it would seem, slightly faster clock speed at the cost of your extra core. But triple cores won't have an advantage over duals i think. At any rate, i have slowdown too, usually i get 20fps with the copy EFB to Ram. We're probably pretty even in that respect, more or less.

At this time, and maybe forever, you NEED that setting on to "fix" the pollution. I have fix in quotes because technically it isn't fixing anything, it just masks the problem with another problem. It seems to just erase the goop automatically as it appears onscreen and even breaks some parts of it when it flows or whatever. The texture option appears correct at all times and yields great speed and you can even "clean" the goop properly. BUT, if you walk over a spot that used to have goop on it but now appears clean, you'll still take damage as if it was never cleaned at all. So there is absolutely no 100% cure for the pollution problems at this moment. I do think it worked properly in ONE revision i used (r4897) as i posted above. Still needed copy efb to ram checked though. Kind of a pick your poison experience. Do you want the game to auto erase the pollution itself but kill your FPS? Or would you prefer to have it look correct, have good speed, but have it refuse to go away and still hurt you? Tongue

I believe you have a rather weak graphics card, appears to be integrated or something. Mine is too and we seem to both get FPS issues. You may get better speeds by upgrading your GPU. Not something really fancy is needed, just something $100 would probably do the trick. IF you can upgrade that is. Your PC may need a better power supply too. As it is, not much you can do with this unless the developers manage to fix the game with Copy EFB to Texture, which is probably twice as fast. Unless of course you do upgrade your graphics, which i am under the impression MAY possibly help (and it will make your general gaming experience better anyways). I would like to do it myself someday. Both our cards suck.

Is this something really hard to fix btw @devs? I mean, is this a game that will NEVER work properly with Copy EFB to Texture? I can live with the slowdown, but i'm just wondering.

Kite693

Wow thx it runs perfect now!! it runs to fast at some areas LOL Big Grin Big Grin

THX ALOT!!
Yeah, I've played through the half game now :p
The texture option has never worked for me in ANY revision. I'm using revision 5205 right now, compiled by this source- http://www.emucr.com/

No luck with it. The goop appears as it should, and even disappears as it should. But it doesn't really go away at all. It's just invisible but still harms you. Now, I HAVE seen that the Ram option has gotten better. Not perfect but better. Now it only seems to erase SOME of the goop away. But some remains and it is possible to clean it properly. Still glitchy but seems to be getting somewhat better, bit by bit. Although knowing how Dolphin is, might break again sometime. We'll see.
Pretty much. I've been fiddling with dolphin for a while now and i've figured out pretty much everything. I don't have anything but really the default options or whatever. Still doesn't make much sense why it should work for some but not others. Unless it DOES have to do with hardware... It's also weird that it kind of seems to be getting better with the RAM setting lately. It was pretty much always broken for the texture for me. But even RAM has problems.

I should mention that I've used a bunch of revisions compiled by different uploaders. All basically yield the same results. So i doubt it's a compile issue either.
And what about missing water effects? Nobody talking about that! At bianco hills, when you start the level, water is white. Sunshine reflections are missing on water too. Is there a way to restore these effects?