Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Super Mario Sunshine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-03-2010, 06:09 AM)MLConian Wrote: [ -> ]I have a really strange problem with SMS (PAL), on Dolphin 2.0 (64 bit): when I start playing the game, the emulator says Speed: 100%, VPS: 50 (or 60 when I select 60 Hz mode), yet the FPS doesn't rise over 18. The effect of this is that the game runs at 75% of the speed. I have EFB to RAM enabled etc., so my configuration should be optimal.
I'm running an Intel i5 M430 @ 2,26 GHz, 4 GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512 mb.
Any idea what is causing this weird behaviour?

Try manually raising the FPS limit in config over 30. It seems to stay around 20 for me as well when i have it on auto. I can get over 30 or so when i set the FPS limit to around 60 or 70 though. I think the limiting is partially messed up.

EDIT- actually, setting the option use FPS for limiting seems to work. Check that and then set the FPS limit to 30. Or it might be 25 for PAL games, i forget. But that should fix it somewhat. It did for me at least. I can never get it to go over 21-25 when i don't check that and just set it to auto. Again, seems to be some kind of limiting issue. It can be bypassed though, at least for me. So i doubt it's just that my computer (or maybe even yours) is too slow to play it. With the FPS limit set to off, i can get much more than full speed.

ismannen

[Image: 15053_1274997344.jpg]

I got this weird problem when i got to Delfino Plaza. Anyone who knows why the whole world looks like this?
(05-28-2010, 07:58 AM)ismannen Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 15053_1274997344.jpg]

I got this weird problem when i got to Delfino Plaza. Anyone who knows why the whole world looks like this?

Hey ismannen,

Do you get that type of graphics corruption in any other games/areas in Super Mario Sunshine? I've seen artifacts like that in various games over the years and its always meant a dead or dying video card. I strongly recommend you force the fan speed on your GPU to 100% at all times to keep temps down and see if this helps your problem. Also you should be using the D3D plugin in case you aren't. Good luck
Super Mario Sunshine is running like 60 to 80 fps when I don't limit the frames. I will make a full speed HD video soon and post it on my channel. Wink

ismannen

(05-28-2010, 12:46 PM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2010, 07:58 AM)ismannen Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 15053_1274997344.jpg]

Hey ismannen,

Do you get that type of graphics corruption in any other games/areas in Super Mario Sunshine? I've seen artifacts like that in various games over the years and its always meant a dead or dying video card. I strongly recommend you force the fan speed on your GPU to 100% at all times to keep temps down and see if this helps your problem. Also you should be using the D3D plugin in case you aren't. Good luck

Ok, thanks! How do i use the D3D plugin? Smile
First go in config...
Then click Plugins tab...
Then in graphics plugin(1st one), select Direct3D plugin, its for windows...

See for yourself..
If you're using Direct3D plugin go to http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html for nice performance..
make sure you update your directx!!!!!! Wink
Speed's not an issue on Sunshine, set to 640x480, Direct3D9, native mips and XFB, even on EFB copy to RAM it'll run fullspeed.

But Sunshine will still freeze now and then, any idea if this is something I can prevent or fix, or if it's just Dolphin needs to be fixed itself?

lllLSDlll

am having the same issue, the game keep freezing now and then, anyone can help plz ?

system
intel core i7 2.80
ram 8 Go
windows 7 64 bit
video nvidia 285 gtx
directx is up to date
gamepad saitek cyborg rumble

dolphin v2.0
setting
plugin: Dolphin Direct3D9, Dolphin DSP-HLE Plugin, Dolphin GCPad New
setting are copy from this http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html

I try like suggested, Enable EFB copy to RAM, no change same problem.

The game is also full of grafic/texture glitsh