Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Super Mario Sunshine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Still 6316.

Happens the same on DX9 and DX11.

Weird dark and quick geometric flashes all around the screen and slow speed thanks to that. It's all messed up. It even crashed one time, when I tried to quit the level.

I remember playing this before and didn't saw that Huh

In OpenGL is all OK.
hey kraid im having troble on the newest svn version of dolphin it says alot of errors and the game still is slow any advice, i really want to play this game!!!! =(
(11-01-2010, 05:50 AM)silvertorch5 Wrote: [ -> ]hey kraid im having troble on the newest svn version of dolphin it says alot of errors and the game still is slow any advice, i really want to play this game!!!! =(
the svn version is 6294m
I think I found the culprit of the problem I had. These graphical glitches on Gelato Beach that I posted screenshots of seem to only happen when there are cheats activated. Found that by accident.

And, it has grown worse. Above Gelato Beach now lies an unbelievable mess of geometric forms with random textures and dark colors that HEAVILY slows down the emulation. The flickering stopped, but now there's this kind of "monster glitch" above Gelato Beach and cheats have to be deactivated for me to play episode 2 onwards.

I tried to take screenshots, but strangely, the PNG files created were null files with 0 bytes... O.o

Also, with cheats activated I get random "ERROR: Trying to compile at 0.LR=000something" errors when entering or exiting episodes after collecting a Shine and saving.

shiggles

I wanted to show my appreciation to the forum for getting me up and running playing this awesome game. I put together this guide to getting the game running perfectly, from scratch. It works awesome for me running an 8800 GT and a pretty inexpensive Core 2 Duo.

1. Download this specific revision of Dolphin:

Thanks to IcemanSR for providing the revisions and patch!

32-bit
64-bit

2. Install by extracting to a directory, or upgrade by copying over your old version.

3 Place this patch in the same directory as Dolphin.exe: fifofix.patch

4. Start the new version of Dolphin.

5. Add the Super Mario Sunshine file of your choice. Right click it, click Properties. On the resulting screen click the 'Patches' tab, then click 'Add.'

6. In the resulting window type 'fifofix' as the name and hit OK.

7. In Dolphin, click Config and set General up like the following:
[Image: generalw.jpg]
Leave the rest of the tabs as default, except for plugins. Make sure you select Dolphin Direct3D9 for Graphics. Hit OK.

8. Click Graphics on the main screen and config thusly:
Direct3D: [Image: direct3d.jpg]
Enhancements: [Image: enhancements.jpg]
Advanced: [Image: advanced.jpg]

9. Click DSP and ensure that all three check boxes are checked. Audio Backend should be set to 'DSound.'

10. Restart Dolphin.

11. Start the game. It should run well and the sound will be in sync.

Note: if you receive an error about there being no place to save, go into Dolphin, click Tools > Memcard Manager. Click the left 'Browse' button and browse your your .raw save file and double click it. Close Memcard manager. You might have to do this every time you start dolphin.

With this setup, revision and configuration I have consistent 30fps. It plays smooth and perfectly. Please backup your save files if this is an upgrade, as you will likely lose your saves.

As a supplement to my previous post I'm adding this guide on setting up the Logitech F310 gamepad as a flawless controller for Super Mario Sunshine:
For more info on the Logitech F310, go to this link: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/con...vices/7360

1. After the drivers and Logitech software have been installed; plug your controller in and ensure the switch on the back of the controller is set to 'X'. (this is XBox emulation mode).

2. Start Dolphin and click Config. Go to the Plugins tab and ensure that 'Dolphin GCPad New' is selected for the 'Gamecube Pad' section. Click OK.

3. In the main Dolphin window, click the 'GCPad' button.

4. Set the controller options like this:
[Image: gcpad.jpg]

Note: I set the Z button as the right Thumbstick click. This frees up the top four buttons for all the required analog triggers and buttons.

5. Save this GCPad profile.

Controls:

This best emulates the original Gamecube controller. The A button is still at the bottom, but the B, Y and X buttons go around it in a clockwise fashion.

To run and spray: Press the R trigger down any amount.
To stand and spray while aiming: Press the R button.
To open the map (Z button): Click on the right control stick.
Is there a way to upscale internal resolution on dx9? The last rev that i had high res graphics is 6364? Few revisions from there and seems the devs are turn to native res. From r6436 to present in dx11 game runs,i hear sound but all i see is black screen. And in latest revs choosing an internal res in dx11 is gone also.

Athlon II 250, 8600gt, 2Gb ram, Vista x64 ultimate.
Dolphin r6364, r6420, r6429, r6436, r6441.
Done that game but i still like fighting bowser jr on the roller coaster
Hello all.. Big Grin

Super Mario Sunshine is a great game and I did get it almost all of the time perfectly emulated thanks to all the great programmers..

Now i have the build Dolphin-x64-r6506 but in-game in the first level the shadows seems to be wrong. This affects the OpenGL and DirectX plugins..

Efb scaled copy messes the graphics up.. (for a long time now)

Also DirectX 11 plugin crashes with this game when you can choose to play a new game or saved one.

I have gtx260m (9800gt desktop) which i know is DirectX 10 but the DirectX 11 plugin should work correctly if I'm right.
I'm on Windows 7 64bit..

[Image: mariosr6506x64.png]

Greetings Wink
^
Above problems solved with the build 6522 I tested except DirectX 11 and EFB scaled copy.. <-- If its needed for that game..

See the STRIPES on the image Tongue

[Image: gmse012.png]

This is a DirectX 9 plugin problem which i think is already a known one..

OpenGL is all black so correct.. (if I am right)
But still not fixed or I do something wrong.. Wink
Make sure to set internal resolution / EFB scale to integral, fractional scaling causes glitches.