Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Translation - moving to Transifex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Spanish translation of the emu is ready for 4.0

I will try to translate the 14% of the web without translation
Is there a difference (in the FAQ section) between :
"My Laptop / New GPU is not performing as well as it should"
and
"Laptop/GPU is slower than it should be" ?
They both mean generally the same thing, just when trying to shorten "My Laptop / New GPU is not performing as well as it should" I couldn't really make it work so I just went with "Laptop/GPU is slower than it should be". Translate the long version then make a short version that means roughly the same thing, and you're good.
Just updated the Dutch translations for the website. Still have to do the FAQ. I'll have to go through the whole Dutch translation of the emulator when I get the time as it's pretty messy imo.
(09-22-2013, 09:27 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]They both mean generally the same thing, just when trying to shorten "My Laptop / New GPU is not performing as well as it should" I couldn't really make it work so I just went with "Laptop/GPU is slower than it should be". Translate the long version then make a short version that means roughly the same thing, and you're good.
Thanks Smile
I'm terribly sorry for some big mistakes in the zh-cn translation of dolphin 4.0

1. Up/Down/Left/Right
Really simple words... I found them appearing in the hotkey dialog, so I translated them into "Up Arrow Key", etc. Today I noticed that up/down/left/right in the Wiimote Config dialog changed as well because they share the same string in the POT...
I think the users can find out what they means, but they definitely causes confusion.
See attachments: UDLR 1&3 are the keyboard buttons (but we cannot translate UDLR 3), UDLR 2 are the directions.

2. Add
Transifex says the string "Add" has two occurrences: "Source/Core/DolphinWX/Src/WXInputBase.cpp:63, Source/Core/DolphinWX/Src/PatchAddEdit.cpp:63", but again I failed to notice the occurrence.
There are Subtract, Multiply and Divide in WXInputBase, so I translated Add into Plus.
But in PatchAddEdit it is paired with Remove...
I cannot find a translation that fit both cases.
However I didn't find add/subtract/multiply/divide in the software...
If add/subtract really appear in the software, maybe the only solution is to split it into 2 separate strings.

Similar problem occurs in the translation of the website. I used a abbreviated version of "Compatibility" because the other menu items are all 2-character long, but the word "Compatibility" also appears in the list below (where an abbreviation is not very suitable)...

I heard that Dolphin 4.0.1 is to be released, can those mistakes be fixed in that release? I've already corrected them in Transifex. (UDLR: the general direction word which fit both cases; Add: as in Add/Remove)

Thank you!
Afaik, when you change someting in transifex it will be automatically updated in all the newer builds.

As for the wxwidget things, i just left them untranslated because those aren't "user" strings, but something at a really low-level interface (or something like that).
(09-25-2013, 07:18 PM)Mewster Wrote: [ -> ]Afaik, when you change someting in transifex it will be automatically updated in all the newer builds.

As for the wxwidget things, i just left them untranslated because those aren't "user" strings, but something at a really low-level interface (or something like that).
Well, I've seen a dev build which had all the translations updated.
The low-level interface? I don't quite understand that. Can you give me some examples?
Uh, why we can't translate the About dialog?
(09-26-2013, 03:03 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Uh, why we can't translate the About dialog?
Why not? I already did...

Quote:Well, I've seen a dev build which had all the translations updated.
The low-level interface? I don't quite understand that. Can you give me some examples?

What I mean is, those strings are not viewable by the users (or at least, that is what I concluded from my research)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32