Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Translation - moving to Transifex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
I'll fix most of them, but I can't do anything about "Elapsed time", "Estimated time" and "Remaining time", and I'm not sure about "Apply".
How often are translations updated on the git? For both website and emu. Seems pretty arbitrary (especially for www). There are some changes in RUssian tl that weren't picked up last tl sync for some reason.
Do you guys (preferably the devs) have any scheduling for 5.0 stable regarding the translations? More specifically, is there any ETA regarding the string freeze (so we can get the translations polished for 5.0 stable)?
(02-16-2016, 02:03 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Do you guys (preferably the devs) have any scheduling for 5.0 stable regarding the translations? More specifically, is there any ETA regarding the string freeze (so we can get the translations polished for 5.0 stable)?

Last thing I heard was this:

Quote:Are we going to do a strings freeze for translation?

Very likely, but the date/entering condition is not defined yet. We will wait for most regressions to be addressed first then consider freezing strings.
Sweet!
As of today, I'm Dolphin's new translation manager, meaning I'll be handling things like adding new translators and making sure the strings are up-to-date.

In semi-related news, 5.0 is getting closer and closer. We will most likely do a string freeze very soon, at which point no more strings will be added or changed before the release of 5.0. The exact dates for the string freeze and translation deadline will be announced later.
Just don't forget to create an announcement on Transifex. This way we will receive e-mails about freeze date.
Shortly after the string freeze (currently set for the beginning of next week), there will be a Transifex announcement about the translation deadline. Just to clarify, the string freeze only applies to the source strings – the deadline for the translated strings will be at least a few weeks later.
I was going to post the following announcement on Transifex, but for some reason it isn't working. I will attempt it again later, but here it is on the forums for now.

Quote:As of today, Dolphin has entered string freeze, meaning that there will be no more additions or edits to the emulator source strings until 5.0 is released. In other words, now is a good time to finish up translations for 5.0. We don't know exactly when 5.0 will be released, but a translation deadline has been set for 2016-05-22 23:59 UTC. If you want 5.0 to include a complete translation for your language, please finish the translation before then. Depending on our schedule, any later changes to translations may or may not be included.

EDIT: It's up on Transifex now.
So, nearly one moth passed since the translation deadline but current development versions still shows outdated strings (at least in PT-BR). What happened? Am I missing something?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32