Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Translation - moving to Transifex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
It refers to the buttons of a Classic Controller.
Is the word wrapping of descriptions in graphics config dialog improved?
Chinese language don't have space between words and the long translated description strings used to overflow, so we insert line breaks manually. Accidentally, I just found that the descriptions are wrapped as expected now, in both Qt and Wx. So I'm asking if the hard line breaks can be safely removed now, or maybe the behavior depends on OS or so.
(05-11-2018, 05:23 PM)Sentret_C Wrote: [ -> ]Is the word wrapping of descriptions in graphics config dialog improved?
Chinese language don't have space between words and the long translated description strings used to overflow, so we insert line breaks manually. Accidentally, I just found that the descriptions are wrapped as expected now, in both Qt and Wx. So I'm asking if the hard line breaks can be safely removed now, or maybe the behavior depends on OS or so.

Done a quick test by removing hard breaks. In 5.0 word wrap only occurs at space so the string overflows. In 5.0-7348 Qt it also occurs between Chinese characters which is the correct behavior. In 5.0-7348 Wx it occurs between Chinese characters but it seems that spaces take some kind of precedence.

Much thanks to the developer(s) who did this!

So, should we (and the Japanese and Korean translators maybe) remove the hard line breaks so that it can better adapt to the now resizable dialog in the Qt GUI, or maybe wait until DolphinWx is removed?
That decision is more up to you than to us, but I suppose that if I would make the decision, I would wait until DolphinWX is removed. (I actually had no idea that this had changed, so thanks for pointing it out!)
I'm concerned about the sentence "You are running the latest version available on this update track"
Is this some kind of figure of speech? Or is it about something technical?
It's more of a technical thing. Dolphin has three different update tracks: dev, beta and stable. You'll find the setting for it at Config > General > Auto Update.
(05-29-2018, 06:39 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]It's more of a technical thing. Dolphin has three different update tracks: dev, beta and stable. You'll find the setting for it at Config > General > Auto Update.

Ohhh ok, so it's translatable with something along the line of "of the chosen update branch"
(05-30-2018, 05:30 AM)Mewster Wrote: [ -> ]Ohhh ok, so it's translatable with something along the line of "of the chosen update branch"

Yes, that sounds correct to me.
Hi, I would like to translate the remaining 5 strings for German. I tried to join the team but nobody is accepting, which isn't a problem.
Please just post the remaining strings and I will reply with a translation.

If there will be new strings in the future, then just PM me.

Thanks!
(08-01-2018, 03:52 AM)Kimishima Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I would like to translate the remaining 5 strings for German. I tried to join the team but nobody is accepting, which isn't a problem.
Please just post the remaining strings and I will reply with a translation.

If there will be new strings in the future, then just PM me.

Thanks!
Or could you just give me permission on Transifex?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32