Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Translation - moving to Transifex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
(11-03-2016, 06:49 AM)Mewster Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway, I don't know if it's a desired side effect, but now it seems tags can't be added anymore (without having permission?)

I haven't changed anything related to that. However, I did notice that Transifex has moved tagging to a new place since the last time I checked. You now have to click on the "Edit context" button in the Context tab, then a window will be shown where the tags can be edited. Does that work for you?
(11-03-2016, 06:54 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't changed anything related to that. However, I did notice that Transifex has moved tagging to a new place since the last time I checked. You now have to click on the "Edit context" button in the Context tab, then a window will be shown where the tags can be edited. Does that work for you?

Hmm I can't find that tab

[Image: K95XvFJ.png]

Full img: http://i.imgur.com/K95XvFJ.png
Seems like it's different on big screens. The area that's below the text field (the area that contains Tags, Key, Character Limit, More info...) is the one I mean by the Context tab. The button that I'm talking about isn't available to you.
The recent update added a bunch of strings which seemingly belong to the debug-only "Symbols" menu but they don't have the "Debug" tag in Transifex yet.
Seriously, do those debug features need to be translated at all? I guess they are for developers who are more familiar to both dolphin and English than many translators like me.
If we should translate those strings anyway, is there a brief introduction to that "debug mode" or so, like how to enable it to see the translation result?
(04-09-2017, 06:03 PM)Sentret_C Wrote: [ -> ]The recent update added a bunch of strings which seemingly belong to the debug-only "Symbols" menu but they don't have the "Debug" tag in Transifex yet.

Sorry, I forgot to tag them. It has been fixed now.

(04-09-2017, 06:03 PM)Sentret_C Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously, do those debug features need to be translated at all? I guess they are for developers who are more familiar to both dolphin and English than many translators like me.

Whether the debug mode strings should be marked as translatable wasn't an obvious choice for us, but in the end, we decided to do it because the debug mode also is useful for people who are reverse-engineering games (for instance for finding memory locations that are useful to look at when TASing or for making cheat codes).

I understand that many of the debug mode strings are tricky to translate (even for those who are developers, but it's of course worse for those who aren't developers). It's fine to just skip all the debug strings if you can't translate them well – for users, that'll have the same effect as us not making them translatable. Having intentionally untranslated strings like that probably gets a bit annoying in the Transifex UI for translators, but I don't think there's any better way to have some languages translate the debug strings and some languages not... (Putting the debug strings in a separate resource would be difficult because of how the debug code is integrated with the rest of the code.)

(04-09-2017, 06:03 PM)Sentret_C Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously, do those debug features need to be translated at all? I guess they are for developers who are more familiar to both dolphin and English than many translators like me.
If we should translate those strings anyway, is there a brief introduction to that "debug mode" or so, like how to enable it to see the translation result?

To launch Dolphin in debug mode on Windows, open cmd in the directory where Dolphin.exe is (you can do this by opening the directory and typing cmd in the path text box), then run the command Dolphin -d. On Linux, I think the command would be something like dolphin-emu -d. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm able to give an introduction to how to actually use the debug mode after it's launched – it's crammed full of complicated and/or badly explained things that not even all developers know how to use. But you should be able to see the translated strings.
I've just realized that the following bug has reappeared, for a long time.

(10-01-2013, 03:17 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, just realized that there was a bug in the website code that handled redirecting dolphin-emu.org -> <lang>.dolphin-emu.org. Brazilian and Chinese people were never being redirected.

I think I fixed this. Could people in brazil/china test this? You need to open your browser in incognito/private navigation mode and open dolphin-emu.org. You should be redirected to the proper localized website from there.

I can't recall clearly when I stopped being automatically redirected to the Chinese version, more than a year ago I think. I thought it was because of cookies so I ignored it until just now.

I opened the website in private mode in Firefox and there's no redirect.
Then I added French to the browser's language preference and refreshed; got redirected to the French version.
Tried for Portuguese (Brazil) and I was redirected to pt.dolphin-emu.org rather than br.dolphin-emu.org.
BTW it's a two-step redirection: first a 302 to the http site and a 301 to the https version, but that matters little.

Here's the Accept-Language line in the request header during the pt-br test:
Accept-Language: zh-CN,zh;q=0.8,pt-BR;q=0.6,en-US;q=0.4,en;q=0.2
This might be when we updated Django version. I should really have some proper automated testing for this scenario Sad

Thanks for reporting. I'll fix that in two weeks when I'm back from my vacation (or if I find some time until then!).
(04-15-2017, 10:25 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for reporting. I'll fix that in two weeks when I'm back from my vacation (or if I find some time until then!).

For reference, there's an open issue report for it on GitHub...
Should now be fixed.
Yep, I can confirm it's working, at least for pt-BR...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32