Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Translation - moving to Transifex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Translation should also meet the "Stable release" standard! I'll try to do my best to achieve that.

Several questions:
"Premature movie end in PlayWiimote" -- The recorded movie ends before it is expected to because of an error in the module PlayWiimote?
"Hi,\n\nDolphin requires Mac OS X 10.7 or greater...Sayonara!" -- I think some Chinese people may feel it more comfortable if it begins with "Sorry".
And "...Dolphin may now crash or hang, enjoy." -- Same as the previous one, but why can't I translate this?
I don't need to use the official Chinese name of Wii remote for "Wiimote" right?

The last one: I may go through all of the strings if time permits, but I need someone familiar with dolphin enough to help. Someone willing to answer my questions like the ones above, maybe 10~20 a week?
You can try the IRC chat, when I was translating eng->ita i was asking 90% of the infos there.
(08-25-2013, 01:25 PM)Sentret_C Wrote: [ -> ]Translation should also meet the "Stable release" standard! I'll try to do my best to achieve that.

Several questions:
"Premature movie end in PlayWiimote" -- The recorded movie ends before it is expected to because of an error in the module PlayWiimote?
"Hi,\n\nDolphin requires Mac OS X 10.7 or greater...Sayonara!" -- I think some Chinese people may feel it more comfortable if it begins with "Sorry".
And "...Dolphin may now crash or hang, enjoy." -- Same as the previous one, but why can't I translate this?
I don't need to use the official Chinese name of Wii remote for "Wiimote" right?

The last one: I may go through all of the strings if time permits, but I need someone familiar with dolphin enough to help. Someone willing to answer my questions like the ones above, maybe 10~20 a week?
1. Yes, your understanding is correct.
2. Feel free to change the sentences grammar/syntax/wording as long as it means the same thing.
3. What do you mean, "can't translate"?
4. Depends what people are most familiar with in china and what feels the most natural.
I can't translate it because I cannot find the string in Transifex.
IRC is a good idea. Thank you Mewster.
Microsoft Style Guide (http://www.microsoft.com/Language/en-US/...uides.aspx) is somewhat helpful right?
So when it comes to terms, common usage overrides "official translation"?
1) strange, can't find it too. Where should it be?
2) Tongue
3) holy~ Nice link, ty
4) yes, readability over google-translating.
Hello to everybody, this is my first contribution on this site, I just aked to join the French translation team.

I will have a lot of work this year, but I'll try anyway to find some time to help, even with my ... limited technical level Smile
Does anyone use OS X as main computer ?

My friend using Mountain Lion sent me this picture and he said "Interface language settings can not be reflected. Only show in English. 3.0 works normally."

[attachment=9718]

It's his problem or a Dolphin bug ?
I see that translations for the About dialog has been added. Awesome! Big Grin

I can also see that the Norwegian Bokmål translation for the website is done. Are you planning to upload it? The language code is "nb" (shown here) in case you didn't know.
(09-07-2013, 12:22 PM)DanbSky Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone use OS X as main computer ?

My friend using Mountain Lion sent me this picture and he said "Interface language settings can not be reflected. Only show in English. 3.0 works normally."

It's his problem or a Dolphin bug ?
Should be fixed with the latest versions of Dolphin, could you ask him to try?
Quote:Should be fixed with the latest versions of Dolphin, could you ask him to try?
OK.

For now try 3.5-2321 but still broken. (from his report)

[attachment=9731]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32