Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Translation - moving to Transifex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
I need a context for the string "All players synchronized." since I can't reach the specific window on my Dolphin. It's a notice ("All player have been synchronized") or an option ("Synchronize all player on/off") ?

I need the context for the string "Failed to load map file '%1'" too. Is this a debug-related string? If so, it's missing the tag.

About the string "Failed to open file "%s". Verify your write permissions.", is it correct to talk about "write" permission reading a file too?
(08-05-2018, 04:29 PM)Mewster Wrote: [ -> ]I need a context for the string "All players synchronized." since I can't reach the specific window on my Dolphin. It's a notice ("All player have been synchronized") or an option ("Synchronize all player on/off") ?

It means "All players have been synchronized". It's displayed when you enable save data syncing in netplay and everyone's save files have been synced (or at least that's when it should show up, I haven't actually tested it myself).

(08-05-2018, 04:29 PM)Mewster Wrote: [ -> ]I need the context for the string "Failed to load map file '%1'" too. Is this a debug-related string? If so, it's missing the tag.

Yes, this is shown when you use the debug feature "Load Symbol Map" and it fails. I didn't have time to add the debug tag to the new strings when I synced yesterday, but I will do it now.

(08-05-2018, 04:29 PM)Mewster Wrote: [ -> ]About the string "Failed to open file "%s". Verify your write permissions.", is it correct to talk about "write" permission reading a file too?

Reading a file doesn't require write permission. However, the program has to open the file before you can do anything with it, regardless of whether it wants to read or write. Does that answer your question?
(08-05-2018, 07:27 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Reading a file doesn't require write permission. However, the program has to open the file before you can do anything with it, regardless of whether it wants to read or write. Does that answer your question?

Thanks for the answers; yes, it does answer that, I was just wondering if it was intentional or just a typo.

Did you add all the debug tag missing or is it something still left? I'm asking because there are a few strings that I think are still debug-related ("JIT Branch off" and "[color=#222222]Failed to[/color][color=#222222] save code map to path '%1'")[/color]
(08-05-2018, 08:14 PM)Mewster Wrote: [ -> ]Did you add all the debug tag missing or is it something still left? I'm asking because there are a few strings that I think are still debug-related ("JIT Branch off" and "[color=#222222]Failed to[/color][color=#222222] save code map to path '%1'")[/color]

Yes, those are also debug strings. Will add them now.
I just realized that the word "wiimote" was replaced with the official name "wii remote" two years ago. (sorry...)
Should we use official name in translation also? Or the one most commonly used by players?
(08-09-2018, 01:09 PM)Sentret_C Wrote: [ -> ]I just realized that the word "wiimote" was replaced with the official name "wii remote" two years ago. (sorry...)
Should we use official name in translation also? Or the one most commonly used by players?

That's up to you. My personal approach is to use the official term unless it sounds too weird (nobody calls the d-pad a "+ Control Pad", for instance), since that has the advantage of matching what in-game prompts say, but I don't know what's the best for your language.

giorginasiy

(02-04-2013, 08:30 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]http://sv.dolphin-emu.org/ is now up, thanks to the work of Phoenix!

Also, if you want your website translation to be used on dolphin-emu.org, please provide me the name of your language translated in that language (for example, french -> Français, swedish -> Svenska, german -> Deutsch, ...). That will make things a lot easier for me Smile

(02-12-2013, 07:23 AM)Dev1L Wrote: [ -> ]I found mistakes in translations.
[color=#000000][color=#000000]Discord[/color] [color=#000000]Adobe Reader[/color] [color=#000000]iTunes[/color][/color]
"Джойстик" = "Joystick", I guess it's bad translate for "Controller", we already have loanword "Геймпад" (Gamepad).
Also "и начните ломать!" ("and start hacking!") is wrong too, because "hacking" in this context doesn't mean something destructive (translator knows only the meaning of word related to computer security). Am I right?
I cannot PM to N69, so i post here.
[color=#000000]Dolphin's Official website! Please be extra careful when doing it and try to have everything proof-read by another native speaker if possible: this will be a lot more visible than the emulator GUI translations (it's directly on the web and people will find it before the english version of the website).  [/color]

Jaxon

I recently (a week or so ago) applied to join the translation to Norwegian on Transifex. I am a native speaker of the language, and have a good grasp of English. If this post isn't appropriate for this thread just notify me and I'll remove it.

Edit: I just realized I can't remove the post... unless I'm being exceptionally stupid and can't find the option.
Cheers!

How long does it usually take to be accepted into a specific language team? (wanting to support the German localization)

Thanks!
No answer here, nothing happening over at Transifex - guess there no interest in additional translation...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32