Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Translation - moving to Transifex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
DanbSky: The input dialog strings should be properly translated once again in the latest git revisions.

All Translators: The pot file was recently updated, so make sure to update your translations.
However I failed to find new untranslated strings related to the input dialog, and old translated strings are still there.

And since my last reply seems to be ignored, will dolphin recognize zero-width spaces in translation and break lines properly there?

Another question, is it easy to convert .po into .mo so that I can preview my work?
Sentret_C:
There are no new untranslated strings related to the input dialog.

What do you mean by zero-width spaces?

You can use poedit to compile a .po file into a .mo file.
glennric:
Sorry I thought you mean that we should translate them once again. Tongue
They are translated in the latest revision thank you. But it still crashes when I try to change the language. (It starts from 3.5-605.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-width_space
I can try it myself now (knowing how to make a .mo) .

It would be better if dolphin's word wrap mechanism can be improved to enable breaking a line between two Chinese characters.
It is acceptable to break a line between any two Chinese characters (as a Chinese character can usually be treated as a word. This is not always the case but it doesn't matter), after some puntuations and before some (where you may add a space before or after their English equivalents).
Sentret_C:
Yeah, they do not need to be translated. There was a regression in the code that prevented the translated strings from appearing in the GUI, but they were still in the catalog.

I don't know if zero width spaces are supported by wxWidgets or not. They may be in the case that line wrapping is set for a particular string. They certainly will not be if line wrapping is not set. So if they are supported it will still depend on the GUI object in question.

Note that dolphin's word wrap mechanism is really wxWidgets word wrap mechanism, so it all depends on what that library does. We will not be able to change that with anything in our code.
Hiya; I'm going to work on the ITA translation;

but I have a question: is there a glossary for the abbreviations used, like EFB, IR (internal resolution, I know, but it's just to exemplify) etc.?
I don't think there is at the moment. If you have time, just make a list and we'll try to explain all of them, that will be useful for everyone Smile
Uhm.
Mostly my question are about EFB (External Frame Buffer?) and XFB (eXternal Frame Buffer? Tongue).
But what does EFB do? I tried to get it from the description, but I can't figure out the "frame" part. It's as in "FPS" (Frame per Second)? Or it's another kind of Frame?

Also: I saw that some "Texture" were translated as [italian] "Trama". While it's technically correct, it sucks and it should be left Texture instead. Can I correct what I find wrong on what's already translated?

(and: still waiting for the permission to join Tongue)
I hope our wiki can be more than a detailed campatibility list. It's a perfect place to contain the "glossary" and other techical stuff (There are some but far from enough).
I know it's user-generated however I myself don't understand them in depth (or sometimes at all). It may help me with my translation work (now I have to ask a lot).
(04-07-2013, 10:38 AM)Sentret_C Wrote: [ -> ]I hope our wiki can be more than a detailed campatibility list. It's a perfect place to contain the "glossary" and other techical stuff (There are some but far from enough).
I know it's user-generated however I myself don't understand them in depth (or sometimes at all). It may help me with my translation work (now I have to ask a lot).
That glossary should definitely be on the wiki, yeah. We're planning to use it more and more, including for guides displayed on the website.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32