Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Translation - moving to Transifex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
This paragraph of the download page has no source text in Transifex.

Also, two months ago I went through the Dutch translation for the emulator and made a lot of changes, but it looks like the translations haven't been updated yet.
When does this generally happen?
(08-27-2016, 03:55 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]This paragraph of the download page has no source text in Transifex.

Also, two months ago I went through the Dutch translation for the emulator and made a lot of changes, but it looks like the translations haven't been updated yet.
When does this generally happen?

The translations for the emulator have unfortunately not been synced in a while. Since I started managing translations, I've been intending to sync regularly, but I had to set up syncing on my computer before I could do that. Those who have synced in the past have been using Linux, but I'm on Windows, and figuring out how to move their process over to Windows felt daunting enough that I procrastinated on it for a long time... But anyway, the good news is that I got it all done today. The emulator translations are now synced, and I'll be syncing them regularly in the future.

The website is handled completely separately. IIRC delroth handles it, but I need to make sure about that...
I have a question: are some string shared between different parts of the website or the emulator?
Because fearing this in the italian translation I have alway taken the "generic" translation approach, but sometimes the result it's not that good. So, if I know that each string must have its own translation I can try to be more specific checking the string location in the site/emulator

[Image: xn9lyfl.png]

For example, here the textbox should contain "Dimensione", but since this label cannot be resized (...bug, btw?) it can show only a short text.
I could change it to "Peso", but if the same word (probably "Size") is repeated somewhere else, it could have a lot of repercussions.
Strings are shared within the emulator and the website, in the sense that if there are two or more identical strings, they will show up as a single string for the translator. Strings aren't shared between the emulator and website as far as I know, though.
Understood. I'll keep the generic approach then.
Uh... I'm just curious, but did you happen to use the "Debug" tags after what I did last time? Tongue
(11-03-2016, 06:10 AM)Mewster Wrote: [ -> ]Uh... I'm just curious, but did you happen to use the "Debug" tags after what I did last time? Tongue

I added the Debug tag to all the debugger strings that were added today. Were you the one who started adding the Debug tag originally? Or did you mean something else by "what I did last time"?
(11-03-2016, 06:36 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I added the Debug tag to all the debugger strings that were added today. Were you the one who started adding the Debug tag originally? Or did you mean something else by "what I did last time"?

I added them originally only to be able to find them easily if I needed, but I thought it had effect only in my translation branch; I didn't think that someone else would actually see them
By the way, some of the debug strings (and a very small amount of other strings) now have translation instructions, which essentially are clarifications of what a string means. They're not easy to see in Transifex unless you're looking for them, but they are in the top-right of the Context tab. An example of a string with a translation instruction is "Show PC".

(11-03-2016, 06:41 AM)Mewster Wrote: [ -> ]I added them originally only to be able to find them easily if I needed, but I thought it had effect only in my translation branch; I didn't think that someone else would actually see them

Yeah, they showed up for everyone, so I thought I would keep up the tagging since it can be useful to deprioritize translating the debug strings.
(11-03-2016, 06:45 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, they showed up for everyone, so I thought I would keep up the tagging since it can be useful to deprioritize translating the debug strings.

That's nice; before I could know if a string was a debug one only by looking at the source file.

Anyway, I don't know if it's a desired side effect, but now it seems tags can't be added anymore (without having permission?)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32