Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Translation - moving to Transifex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Are the translations to French and Russian finished, or is there still a need for someone to work on it?
What do the Data/Install/Update/Channel/Other Partition strings refer to? "Partition used to install/update something" or "Install/update this specific partition"?
(08-17-2021, 11:19 PM)Mewster Wrote: [ -> ]What do the Data/Install/Update/Channel/Other Partition strings refer to? "Partition used to install/update something" or "Install/update this specific partition"?

The former.
(08-18-2021, 12:21 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]The former.

Thx

JL2009

(02-03-2013, 12:48 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,

Historically the updates to Dolphin translations were managed on a forum thread, with Glenn uploading new POT files and translators updating their PO files to new forum posts. It kind of worked so far, but now that we're planning to translate more stuff (website, FAQ, online guides) we need to automate some of the translations management.

We decided to handle all the translations using a free online service called Transifex. They integrate very well with our workflow and after a small period of tests Glenn and I decided we should start using it for real.

What does that mean for translators?

To help translating Dolphin, here is what you need to do:
  • Create an account on Transifex, with a valid email address that you often read (you will get notifications there when new stuff need to be translated)
  • Go to the Dolphin Emulator page on Transifex
  • If the langage you want to help translating is already listed, click on it, then click on "Join Team". Someone will need to confirm you joining the team. If the language does not exist, click on "Create Language".
  • When you have been approved to join a team, you can start translating our resources. Our current resources are the Emulator strings and the Website strings. Click on the resource you want to translate, then click "Translate now" to start editing the translations online.

Thanks to all the translators, and especially thanks to Runo for creating and helping manage the previous translation thread. I hope everyone will be happy with Transifex!

Hi. I'm new here. I signed in so I can ask a question on the forums, but I don't know how to post a question on here. I know how to reply, but I don't know how to post a question. Please Help?
Edit: Nevermind, I just figured it out.

Jaxon

As I mentioned earlier in this thread (https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-do...#pid487954) I applied to join the Norwegian translation on Transifex, now a little over 2 years ago. AFAICT my application hasn't received a reply and the Norwegian translation effort has been more or less dead since long before I submitted my application. I'll restate that I'm a native speaker with a good grasp of English, and would like to be approved to help move the translation along, or at least get a response of any kind.
What are the redirected save -as in, in which context should I read them- ?
A redirected save is (on a real Wii) a save file which gets written to the SD card instead of to the NAND. In Dolphin, redirected saves end up in a special folder instead of on the SD card, but it's the same principle.
(12-29-2021, 11:46 PM)Mewster Wrote: [ -> ]What are the redirected save -as in, in which context should I read them- ?

I think this is the wrong thread to ask for support
(12-30-2021, 12:07 AM)notmiguel Wrote: [ -> ]I think this is the wrong thread to ask for support

This is the most relevant thread for the question they asked.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32