Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Translation - moving to Transifex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
(02-17-2013, 06:02 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]By "starting" we mean "starting to play the game" (i.e. after the intro cutscenes, menus, etc.)
Okay, what about "Enable Idle Skipping" and "Skip Dest. Alpha Pass"?
Idle Skipping is a common optimization in emulators which skips "idle loops" (looping while waiting for something to happen) in emulated code.

The Destination Alpha Pass is used to render scenes using destination alpha blending correctly, which can't be done in one pass on most PC GPU because of hardware and/or drivers limitations.
(02-17-2013, 11:05 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]Idle Skipping is a common optimization in emulators which skips "idle loops" (looping while waiting for something to happen) in emulated code.

The Destination Alpha Pass is used to render scenes using destination alpha blending correctly, which can't be done in one pass on most PC GPU because of hardware and/or drivers limitations.
Okay, thank you! Smile
Came to understand why the Japanese website keep "Dolphin Emulator" untranslated... The sans-serif English font and serif Chinese font displaying together looks odd, especially when they are really large.

I want to ask how big is the risk using development versions? Games are more likely to crash or data on your disk may be destroyed? I'd like to use "attention" rather than "warning" if it's the previous one.
Games are more likely to crash, nothing really more dangerous than that.
Good news everyone! The website FAQ can now be translated to any language available on the website.

To translate the FAQ, as always, use Transifex: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/dol...ource/faq/

The FAQ should automatically update every 5-10 minutes with your translation changes.

Note that the FAQ text is using Markdown, so please be careful to not break the formatting.
CPU requirements:
There are going to be a lot of processors that can fit into these categories. Listed here is just one popular CPU that some people may have for each category, other processors of similar performance can be replaced with the ones mentioned here.

Is "that some people may have" omittable since it's already popular?
"other processors of similar performance can be replaced with the ones mentioned here" is still in the attribute clause starting with "that"?

Or can I say "Since it's impossible to enumerate all processors, here in each category only one popular CPU that can represent other processors of similar performance is listed as an example"?
You don't have to translate the FAQ very strictly, as long as the answers mean the same thing you can reword it as much as you want.
(02-21-2013, 01:53 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]You don't have to translate the FAQ very strictly, as long as the answers mean the same thing you can reword it as much as you want.
So just pretend that I'm answering the questions from another native speaker using the information given?
The German translation of the FAQ is still not done, but we're on a good way. I had some time left so I helped a little bit Wink

Edit: Now 75%

Edit: Now 80% Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32