Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ajs880

Hi everybody! I am playing Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door with Widescreen Mod enabled. However when I play most of the environment renders around me, but with some objects, they only render when I get closer to them. It seems like these objects render when they get into the range of 4:3 aspect ratio. Here are some examples.

Here, the door to the building on the left does not render:

[attachment=8651]

But when I get closer to it, the door renders:

[attachment=8650]

If anyone has a fix for this please respond!

Thanks !
Alex
This is why the option say "Widescreen hack". Some games work without issues, others not. There isn't any "fix" available because the game wasn't intended to be rendered at 16:9 when it was created, so, there isn't any way of running this game at 16:9 without issues...
i need help, i'm using dolphin 3.5-1269, i know it's not the newest one, but i'm using it because i can play with BGM in Double Dash, and also has the option synchronize GPU thread, despite that i'm in the 1st castle (i'm not gonna put names so i don't spoil anything) and i interact with a skeleton and then the game froze, anyone knows how to fix that?
i need help in a different matter, i'm now on the big tree, i got the blue key and i have it save in the place where some punies were, however i need to make it to the blue cell, but every time i use the 2nd warp pipe, the game crashes, even with 3.5-1307, it doesn't work at all, what can i do?
I too have an issue, again in the First Castle. Once I reach the stop where I meet up with Ms. Mows (A female mouse thief) the game crashes the moment she goes up to mario to kiss him. I know she tries to kiss him but the game just crashes right before the event. I think it might be somehow related to the heart effect that comes out of the kiss but I'm not sure. Any ideas?
Try running the game with OpenGL... It's more accurate than DirectX, and may resolve many issues with this game in particular...

shadowdarklight

hey someone please help ive got problems with my controls, i use a keyboard and mario can never roll up into a rolling pin and im stuck on chapter 4.

anyone know the best way to set up the GCpad?
Don't you need to spin the main stick in a circle to roll up Mario? You can always set your mainstick to your mouse, which might help. If you have a 360 or PS3 controller, you can just use them in Dolphin, or just buy a cheap $15 USB joystick online.

To truly help you though, we need a screenshot of your current GCPad configuration screen.

shadowdarklight

How do I set my mainstick to my mouse?