Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Aziamuth

(01-08-2018, 04:25 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin requires the DirectX 11.1 and OpenGL 4.4 feature set in a GPU. Your GT 240 only supports DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.2. This means that even if you try and use the newer dev builds, it'll fail just like 5.0 is.
The reason it used to work is that older versions of Dolphin could use lower feature sets, like D3D 9 and OpenGL 2.0.

You need to get a new GPU, at least a Nvidia 400 series or higher. You can get a GT 740 of GTX 750 for super cheap nowadays

I see. In that case I won't try to play this game again until I get a new computer, which I am planning on do at some point, since this computer is 10 years old. Thanks!
You don't need a new computer, just a new GPU
I've just started TTYD and Goombella has flickering textures, with either Vulkan or D3D11. How do I fix?

EDIT: it's mostly fixed by disabling 'fast depth calculation'

EDIT: nope: either your team flickers like a disco with 'fast depth' on, or has no eyes with fast depth off - this is with 'fast depth calculation' off:

[Image: g8me01-1ilp17.jpg]
(01-24-2018, 04:43 PM)daninthemix Wrote: [ -> ]I've just started TTYD and Goombella has flickering textures, with either Vulkan or D3D11. How do I fix?

EDIT: it's mostly fixed by disabling 'fast depth calculation'

EDIT: nope: either your team flickers like a disco with 'fast depth' on, or has no eyes with fast depth off - this is with 'fast depth calculation' off:

[Image: g8me01-1ilp17.jpg]

The only possible cause I've found for this is having cheats enabled, used to get this bug whenever I had cheats enabled but it was fixed when I disabled them. Could be something else but that's all I've got

thesagegamer89

(10-15-2015, 08:22 AM)PumpMagic Wrote: [ -> ]Is Yoshi's Gulp ability broken for anyone else? Whenever I try to use it, the progress bar flashes fully lit briefly, disappears, and the attack fails, regardless of how long the R trigger is held (if at all). I've tried using both analog and digital R presses, to no avail.

I'm on 4.0-7801, and I've been unable to find any similar experiences from other Dolphin users.

Hi, as I can see, I'm not the only one that suffers that situation as well. I'm using the most recent version of Dolphin at the date (5.0-6865) and the problem was present.

The solution for this problem seem to be easy: You must open the game properties from the Game List in Dolphin (right-click > Properties) and, in the first slope (Game Config), you must desactivate "Emulate DSP through HLE (fast)", and acept the changes.

You will see that the problem is gone, and you can continue the adventure  Big Grin NOTE: Open from your native save, not save state.

xxTheta

Right near the start of the game I go and see the professor with goombella and then you go outside he says something like 'bet you didn't know this was here' or something and the he just freezes with the music and background still there idk what it is but yeah, thanks in advance!
(04-27-2018, 05:01 AM)xxTheta Wrote: [ -> ]Right near the start of the game I go and see the professor with goombella and then you go outside he says something like 'bet you didn't know this was here' or something and the he just freezes with the music and background still there idk what it is but yeah, thanks in advance!

Try it on the OpenGL graphics backend if you haven't already.

xxTheta

(04-27-2018, 05:32 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Try it on the OpenGL graphics backend if you haven't already.
that's what I already had on but ill try some others, thanks

Antoids

When running this game on Dolphin 5.0 using the HD Texture Pack, I experience a whole lot of flickering as textures load in. I've uploaded a short video of the issue

To my knowledge, the only settings changed from the defaults are:

Audio
-DSP set to LLE Recompile (supposedly avoids a Yoshi-related crash)
Graphics
-Load Custom Textures on (to load the HD Texture Pack)
-Store EFB Copies to Texture Only off (Apparently this is the equivalent of "Efb to Ram" as suggested by the State column)

Unticking Load Custom Textures will prevent the flickering, but, of course, I don't have the HD textures, then.

I'm running Windows 10 on an i5-3570k and a 660TI GPU with 8 GB of RAM. My computer does remember the Beatles, yes. And a world without Discord!

Thanks in advance for any help.
(05-01-2018, 04:25 PM)Antoids Wrote: [ -> ]When running this game on Dolphin 5.0 using the HD Texture Pack, I experience a whole lot of flickering as textures load in. I've uploaded a short video of the issue

Disabling dual core should fix it.