Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Paper Mario is problematic because of the Bounding Box techniques, which requires D3D11 or OpenGL 4.3 which are supported by NVidia GeForce 400 series and newer, AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5000 series and newer or Broadwell integrated GPUs (Intel HD Graphics 5300+). In addition OS X does not support bounding boxes because of lacking GPU driver support. Using newer versions of Dolphin with unsupported GPU, drivers and Operating Systems may causes glitches and softlocks.

So, there is not much that can be done about Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door without updating your hardware. However, Super Smash Bros. Melee do not require special emulation such as Bounding Boxes, MMU or Store EFB Copies to Texture Only. Well... Melee only needs EFB Copies to Texture in order to properly save in-game screenshots. Super Mario Sunshine will need EFB Copies to Texture disabled due goo issues. Other than a few minor issues, both games work pretty solid. Melee may run at fullspeed, the game is pretty light-weight. Sunshine may or may not run at fullspeed. EFB Copies to Texture disabled will most likely be your performance killer. And don't even think about it to use the 60 FPS code for Sunshine...

As said earlier, you better of having better hardware. Dolphin is one of the more demanding emulators available, but you probably already knew that prior to using Dolphin. Emulating the GameCube obvious takes more power than emulating the NES (assuming it is not a Cycle-Accurate).

MartinWolfe

(08-23-2015, 08:49 PM)masterotaku Wrote: [ -> ]I fixed it! Place the files inside this 7z file in the Dolphin folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5uz13myxt67xf2...rs.7z?dl=0

If you use the Ishiiruka builds instead of master, you need to place this file inside the "ShaderFixes" folder instead of the one that is already inside:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b08ciwzc90ju3c...e.txt?dl=0

Inside those shader files (ending in ".txt") you'll find this line:

r1.x = dot(cproj[0].xyzw, r0.xyzw)*2;

I multiplied the length of the black bars by 2 just to be sure. If instead of "2" you use "0", the black bars will be disabled.

The files in the "ShaderFixes" folder can affect other games. Remember to rename or delete the folder if you play other games.

Proof:

http://u.cubeupload.com/masterotaku/Dolp...312370.png

The vertical black bars at the sides are just the effect of the accurate aspect ratio correction of Dolphin.

Does not work at all. Using 5.0 and the widescreen gecko code. What is the "dolphin folder"? Is it the folder located in "Program Files?" What are the other files not named "ShaderFixes" for? Do I have to change any settings for this? Is it incompatible with certain settings? thanks in advance
Widescreen Gecko code from Wiki isn't working for me.  It doesn't seem to do anything, aspect ratio is not affected at all by the code.  This is the first time I tried a widescreen hack so can someone tell me what its supposed to fix or post an image of it working?  USA version running latest dolphin stable 5.0.

Also the last line of the code on the Wiki is this:
Code:
Disable Water Reflections [Ralf]
04199598 4E800020
link
Is disabling reflections really required for Widescreen?

If it's supposed to look like this then I think its not working at all:
Spoiler:
What I did was edit the game config and add the codes. I then enabled them in the properties dialog and in graphics selected force 16:9. Is that correct?

For reference here is the code I tried:
Code:
C202F310 00000003
3DC08042 3DE03FD8
91EEF6D8 4E800020
60000000 00000000
04199598 4E800020
hi,
i'm also can't get the widescreen gecko-code work.

i write this:

[gecko]
$Widesrcreen
0419B274 4E800020
C202F268 00000003
3DC08043 3DE03FD8
91EEC158 4E800020
60000000 00000000

and activate it. no change still 4:3. do i have to set something in dolphin? aspect ratio is automatic and widescreen hack is unchecked.

also the games runs with 50 fps. i choose 60 hz at the beginning and i think my rig should do 60 fps with no problems
@heinzgruber

The option Activate Cheats in the main Dolphin Config menu (General panel) is enabled right? Widescreen codes are cheats after all. It sounds like you are using PAL? Also make sure AR codes are added as Action Replay and Gecko Codes as Gecko. You should also set the Aspect Ratio to Stretch to Windw. Automatic Aspect Ratio detection might not always work with widescreen codes.

Code:
The 16:9 Aspect Ratio Fix I use

NTSC-U
04199598 4E800020
0441F6D8 3FE38E39

Yeah, the version I use is AR. It is a bit older than the one posted on the wiki page. I should update my widescreen code I guess...

Code:
16:9 Aspect Ratio Fix from the Wiki page

PAL
0419B274 4E800020
C202F268 00000003
3DC08043 3DE03FD8
91EEC158 4E800020
60000000 00000000

NTSC-U
C202F310 00000003
3DC08042 3DE03FD8
91EEF6D8 4E800020
60000000 00000000
04199598 4E800020

These are from the Game's wiki page and are Gecko codes. I just tested them, and works at least as great as my the AR code I used. So I guess I start using these instead. Yeah, comfirmed working thus. Don't forget these are Gecko and not AR.

Poison_Death

(05-05-2013, 01:44 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Try running the game with OpenGL... It's more accurate than DirectX, and may resolve many issues with this game in particular...

Hey Jhon I have this problem I finished chapter five and im at the part where you ply bowser. When i finished that it asks me to save. It does not matter if i press yes or no after that, if i save it brings up an error, if i dont it still brings up an error do you thing opengl could help?

Poison_Death

(05-05-2013, 02:08 AM)shadowdarklight Wrote: [ -> ]hey someone please help ive got problems with my controls, i use a keyboard and mario can never roll up into a rolling pin and im stuck on chapter 4.

anyone know the best way to set up the GCpad?

if you play like that i am pretty sure you need to set analog then put it to arrow keys then do the spinny thing again. This is because you can properly turn in a circle with analog controls but not with d-pad

MtnDrew

Hey guys, I have this hanging glitch where there are objects that are supposed to be moved during a short cut scene when using Dolphin 5.0. The game is running, the music is still running, and the characters aren't doing anything but standing there.

For example, the beginning where the Professor moves the fence right after meeting him the first time. Another time that happened was when you hit the Blue exclamation mark button when underground, and the wall is supposed to peel.

So the fix was to use Dolphin 4.0.2. But I like Dolphin 5.0 as it is much much more smoother.

Anyone got it to work fine on Dolphin 5.0?
Your GPU doesn't support the features required for proper Bounding Box emulation on 5.0 and latest development builds. That's why the game hangs...
(on NVIDIA you need at least a GT 400 series or newer)

Statai

The game has been running very well for me in terms of performance, but I've been running into a lot of artifacting on some sprites. You can see this most noticeably on Yoshi's portrait sprite in the image below.

http://i.imgur.com/Q8CnYiH.png

I've made the changes to my configuration to fix the EFB and Bounding Box situation like the wiki suggests and have tried changing from the D3D12 backend that I usually use to OpenGL and D3D11 to no avail. Is there any particular fix for this or is it just a limitation of 5.0?

Here's a link to my configuration if you need it.

http://i.imgur.com/j31Lr1E.png