Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ruxus

Hello~ new to Dolphin. I followed the Paper mario thousand year door Dolphin Wiki for my Dolphin Emulator settings and the game runs perfectly with Direct 3D 11. However it randomly crashes at certain points in the game. I've found that if i use OpenGL i can progress through these 'crashing' points but the game is very unplayable with the openGL feature. Would anyone know a solution? I can provide video input of what it looks like when it runs with OpenGL and Direct 3D 11. Thank you for your time!~

EDIT: i'm using the newest Dolphin version.
EDIT: I was able to play the game on a lower Dolphin version (4.0.2) instead of 5.0. Sorry for wasting all of your time. I'll just play on this lower version.
Does your GPU have the most up to date drivers installed?

santixxssg

So, I was playing Paper Mario: A Thousand Year Door on my macbook air (maybe that's the problem) and it was running at 50 fps at full speed (it had some graphic glitches but nothing major, really) so as I was trying to get to Hooktail's castle in order to progress the pipe, which leads to the castle, didn't appear!. I thought "well maybe it doesn't appear but i will be able to go through it somehow." Turns out that the emulation still runs with music and all but the game just got stuck there, I can't move!. So I went to the wiki to see if I could change a config to fix it, and it said that if you enabled "Bounding Box" the graphical errors should go away, so I tried that but the game still gets stuck on the same place. I think that maybe the iso coudl be corrupted, but I don't really know. I hope somebody is able to give me a fix, Thanks! Undecided
[Image: W46wsdKVFEZB66E56]
Since you're on OS X, if you're using the stable 5.0 release, you need to update to a recent development build. I'm surprised you even managed to get that far into the game with 5.0...

santixxssg

Smile Ok!

santixxssg

(06-24-2017, 05:51 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Since you're on OS X, if you're using the stable 5.0 release, you need to update to a recent development build. I'm surprised you even managed to get that far into the game with 5.0...

Thanks! That worked Smile

RedkillerBlueki

Help. Sometimes, when I'm playing the PAL version of the game, it drops from 60 fps to 50 fps and does not return to 60 unless I revert to a previous in-game save file. This makes the game slower and therefore throws me and my reaction times off. Any way to fix this? It may have to do with disabling the emulation limit and then restoring the limit during the black loading screens because I believe that's when I saw it happen. Edit: Nvm, it just seems to happen after playing the game for some time.

Wintar

Having trouble when emulating this.
When Frankly tries to open the gate at the beginning of the game, it softlocks. Music plays, idle animations animate, but the gate won't fall.

I do know that when it does happen, it falls off with a shadow added on, but it won't fall.
There is also a problem showing X-Nauts when Crump calls them to attack Mario, but I can live with that.

Pictures of info and problems: http://imgur.com/a/kC0v4
(07-04-2017, 11:41 AM)Wintar Wrote: [ -> ]Having trouble when emulating this.
When Frankly tries to open the gate at the beginning of the game, it softlocks. Music plays, idle animations animate, but the gate won't fall.

Update to the latest development version of Dolphin. If it still doesn't work after that, switch video backend to OpenGL.

Wintar

(07-04-2017, 04:41 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Update to the latest development version of Dolphin.

This fixed both problems, but now it occasionally flickers and slightly lags. But i can probably close programs to solve the lag, as i had discord and this page open while testing. I'll edit this post if i find later problems. Thanks

I'm surprised i didn't try this sooner.

Edit: It seems to be faster than usual, as the action commands are harder to hit. Can't find any frame limiting option though. (Found it. Speed limit at 90% with fixed sound. Still kinda harder, but it's harder in a good way now.)