Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

riryoku1311

There's a new graphic glitch or bug that I found that isn't listed on here and I can't seem to fix. Vivian is too tall. How do I make her normal size? She was fine a couple months ago but I think either the Windows update messed it all up or the new Dolphin version. Not sure.

Waocats

I updated from the stable release to the newest one as I started to have bounding-box related stuttering issues (namely after Chapter 1, where Bowser breaks the wall of his castle) that caused the emulator to drop to 10-20 FPS during the animations. In order to get all of the others to work, I was using D3D11.

After updating and not changing any settings from what they were (still on D3D11), the textures around Bowser's hole in the wall were messed up, with different colors, the colors being mostly (iirc) pink, green, and white. The only solution to this problem, that fixed the other one I was having as well, was switching to OpenGL.

But now, OpenGL is causing random frame-drops just from walking around. It can drop anywhere from 10-30 frames, and it happens everywhere, some places more than others. I tried running it at native resolution as well, no effect. Prior to the Dolphin update, this wasn't an issue.

Any help would be appreciated.
the gecko codes for the widescreen hack causes constant stutter, use the AR code (it would be nice to have a warning on the wiki)

CC_

In the middle of chapter 6, when pulling into the station my game locks up (right after catching the culprit and the transition happens). I've tested the save on my machine and on a friend's and it consistently locks up regardless of what settings are changed. I'm unsure what to do at this point; if someone here knows the issue or can simply get a working save state past that point it'd be much appreciated.
MD5 is db9a997a617ee03bbc32336d6945ec02

Waocats

(07-12-2018, 10:32 PM)JaPeL Wrote: [ -> ]the gecko codes for the widescreen hack causes constant stutter, use the AR code (it would be nice to have a warning on the wiki)

I never used the Gecko codes at all, nor the AR codes.  Does the AR code improve performance in some way?
(07-15-2018, 09:49 AM)Waocats Wrote: [ -> ]I never used the Gecko codes at all, nor the AR codes.  Does the AR code improve performance in some way?

Yes, because of the problem that Dolphin currently has where all (or just many?) Gecko codes will cause stuttering.

Waocats

(07-15-2018, 05:45 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, because of the problem that Dolphin currently has where all (or just many?) Gecko codes will cause stuttering.

I meant as opposed to not having any codes entered at all.  Although, I tried entering in the AR codes on the wiki. Performance didn't increase one bit.  Anything else I can try?
(07-22-2018, 02:21 PM)Waocats Wrote: [ -> ]I meant as opposed to not having any codes entered at all.

No, the AR widescreen code shouldn't improve the performance compared to having no codes.

Waocats

(07-22-2018, 04:28 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]No, the AR widescreen code shouldn't improve the performance compared to having no codes.

My problem still stands, though.  Anything we can try to fix it?

cosmia

Hey guys, new Dolphin user here trying to have a decent paper mario run. I believe I have a pretty good laptop, and Intel Core i7 @2.8GHz, Geforce GTX 1050, but I keep having framerate drops.

I've started by using the OpenGL backend, but it was very bad, the whole game was basically running at 10-20fps. Then I changed to D3D11 as suggested by other users, and the game plays smoothly for some time, but frame rate drops still occur somewhat frequently. I'm using the HD Texture Pack, at 2x Native, and I've read through the post and tweaking configs as some users suggest, to no luck. The thing I can't really understand is that, while looking at the wiki page, I see on the Test section people with very similar computer specs claiming they are running their games perfectly (with minor problems) using better configs than what I'm using. Is there something obvious I should be doing to improve the frame rate I am not seeing?

Thanks!