Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On the GameCube, there is a button that gets pressed when the trigger is pulled all the way. Dolphin probably thinks you're wanting to press this button while the game just wants the trigger to be pulled. Changing the range to 101 stops Dolphin from sending the button press to the game and this makes it work. The same effect should be possible by unmapping the L and R buttons, leaving the L and R analogs mapped. Just a guess.
Sounds about right but what number should I set the range to, I just guessed 101.
Hey, My partner keeps flickering and I have No idea on how to fix it. Currently running it on OpenGL with disable dual core. I have tried changing the reselution. I have tried using Direct3D. i have EFB copy to ram. I dont know what else to do. I mean this isn't a huge problem to deal with, considering the rest of the game so far has ran flawless. Also when in battle the character sprite has no issues at all.
I'm new so all of this is new to me also and this is my first time using Dolphin on a MacBook Pro. I tried playing it, but when it gets to the chapter screen (which I guess is the prologue), the game suddenly crashed and i can't get past it. Can somebody please tell me what I need to do to fix this? I don't know what information I need to post here, so if somebody can ask me stuff I can get it. Yeah I know I'm probably a n00b but I really wanna play this game.
Run the game in single-core mode. This is a known bug that happens to some people

Snowwyoyo

Hey guys. I just started using Dolphin and I encountered a problem with this game. Right as I exit Professor Frankly's house for the first time, he goes to open the gate; however, when he reaches it, the game freezes and I have no choice but to close the emulation. I've tried this with multiple ROMs and they all seem to have this problem. Can anyone help me with this?
(06-28-2015, 04:03 AM)Snowwyoyo Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys. I just started using Dolphin and I encountered a problem with this game. Right as I exit Professor Frankly's house for the first time, he goes to open the gate; however, when he reaches it, the game freezes and I have no choice but to close the emulation. I've tried this with multiple ROMs and they all seem to have this problem. Can anyone help me with this?

Downloading games is against the rules

Pandora's Fox

On 4.0-6901, when I'm in the Punie tree, the game soft-freezes when the punies break the jabby hive [the punies all run to me, but nothing after that - no input is returned, and no textboxes. Sounds and idle animations continue to play].

I don't know if it's both hives, or just the x100 one. I'm running off a dumped .gci from my wii, so it might be an issue arising from that, but I highly doubt that.

Anyone have an idea if an older revision of the emu will solve my problem?

[also, I get a couple graphical issues when I transition through pipes, but I'm assuming that's gpu-related

edit: disabling the gpu bounding box fixed literally all my issues, both with the pipe transitions, and with the hive soft freeze.
I seem to be getting the same softlock Snowwyoyo had. I've tried using single core, using DSP-LLE, enabling bounding box and disabling idle skipping. I also have tried EFB to RAM, and running fullscreen, but unfortunately I've had no luck. Is there some easy fix I'm missing, or is it something else?

Pandora's Fox

Disabling the bounding box fixed the problems I was encountering, so you might want to try that.