Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all. I'm having an issue with the game when using OpenGL. During any transition (Going out of pipes is where I noticed it), the game will lag horribly until it's done with. The Direct3D renderer does not have this issue.

Nokeo

My problem is that I have two black bars running horizontally across the screen.

This is the problem:

[Image: 2mmijdc.png]

Here are my settings.

[Image: 10eo8p0.png]

I noticed there was a fix earlier in this topic, but I couldn't understand his directions very well.

I am using Dolphin 4.0-8233.

Nothing is turned on under the Advanced Tab besides Custom Textures being enabled.

I am using the AR code for the Widescreen Fix, the latest one in the Dolphin Wiki for the game.

If anyone could help, I'd be extremely grateful.

Leaf

On fullscreen, my FPS drops to below 20 when there is any sort of paper effect on screen, when using my Nvidia GTX 960M graphics processor.
Normally it's capable of 250+ fps on fullscreen.

However, the Intel HD Graphics 5600 built into my cpu is capable of producing the paper effects with no problems. Without frame limiting it does ~170FPS normally and ~100FPS when rendering paper effects.

Why is it that the GTX 960M has trouble rendering these paper effects, despite being a much more powerful GPU than the Intel?

i7 5700HQ
12GB ram
Dolphin 4.0-8225

I cannot play on the Intel graphics though, because although it can do paper effects, it causes graphical lag when just moving normally, random green flashes/distortions on the screen, and can even make the computer freeze.

I might just have a defective model though, and I will attempting to make a warranty claim on it. Although if anyone else has similar issues with Intel HD5000 series graphics I would be interested in knowing.

cakeislie

(11-29-2015, 06:44 PM)Leaf Wrote: [ -> ]On fullscreen, my FPS drops to below 20 when there is any sort of paper effect on screen, when using my Nvidia GTX 960M graphics processor.

However, the Intel HD Graphics 5600 built into my cpu is capable of producing the paper effects with no problems. Without frame limiting it does ~170FPS normally and ~100FPS when rendering paper effects.

Why is it that the GTX 960M has trouble rendering these paper effects, despite being a much more powerful GPU than the Intel?

i7 5700HQ
12GB ram
Dolphin 4.0-8225

I cannot play on the Intel graphics though, because although it can do paper effects, it causes graphical lag when just moving normally, random green flashes/distortions on the screen, and can even make the computer freeze.

I might just have a defective model though, and I will attempting to make a warranty claim on it. Although if anyone else has similar issues with Intel HD5000 series graphics I would be interested in knowing.

I had the same issue with paper transitions on my GTX 970, so it is probably a problem with Maxwell based GPUs. Switching to Direct3D for rendering fixes the problem for me (also on wiki Direct3D is recommended for the 970). However, when using Direct3D for any game, green text appears at the top and bottom. At the top it reads "VS:0/0 PS:0/0" and "Stereo disabled" at the bottom. Is there any way to remove that text?

Also, I too am having trouble fixing the blacks bars during dialogue/cuts scenes. I put the files from the 7z archive (from the posted fix earlier in this thread) into the Dolphin folder so it looks like this, but the black bars still appear and cover only part of the screen.
[Image: 3Ar4tCS.png]
BTW I am using x64 Dolphin 4.0-8199 on Windows 8.1 64-bit with a 4690K and GTX 970. I am also using the Widescreen AR code from the wiki.

If anyone has a fix/knows what I did wrong for either of these two issues, please let me know. I'll edit this post if I find a solution to either.

EDIT:
I found that the source of the green text (shown below) was actually the files I added previously from the aforementioned fix and pictured above.
[Image: lyVW4W2.png]
Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to correct the black bars and have found two more slight problems. One is that any menu screens (like Mario's bag/partner select/etc.) force the game into 4:3 and the other is that enemy's health bars are not aligned with the sprite, neither is the finger that points at the selected target.
(11-29-2015, 06:44 PM)Leaf Wrote: [ -> ]On fullscreen, my FPS drops to below 20 when there is any sort of paper effect on screen, when using my Nvidia GTX 960M graphics processor.

i7 5700HQ
12GB ram
Dolphin 4.0-8225

Use the Direct3D renderer. That fixed it for me on my 980Ti.

Archerinho

I've got got a silly problem:

I started the game yesterday and I'm about 6 hours into it now. Played with some AR Codes like 99 Starpoints to level up more quickly. The issue I have now is that I maxed out all stats. Now when I get a Level Up I can't choose HP, BP or FP and I'm stuck.

Is there anyway to fix this without starting from the beginning? Like editing the save file or loading from an earlier point?

Has anyone a save game file at the beginning of chapter 3 to share?

Leaf

Switching to DirectX did indeed fix the graphics slowdown. Strange.
(12-01-2015, 07:55 AM)Archerinho Wrote: [ -> ]I started the game yesterday and I'm about 6 hours into it now. Played with some AR Codes like 99 Starpoints to level up more quickly. The issue I have now is that I maxed out all stats. Now when I get a Level Up I can't choose HP, BP or FP and I'm stuck.

Is there anyway to fix this without starting from the beginning? Like editing the save file or loading from an earlier point?

Modify your code to always set your star points to 0 instead of 99, then you won't ever get enough points to level. Look for the number 63 somewhere in your code, probably at the end, and change it to 00.

If you are going to hack, learn to backup your saves often.

Archerinho

(12-01-2015, 02:22 PM)Leaf Wrote: [ -> ]Switching to DirectX did indeed fix the graphics slowdown. Strange.

(12-01-2015, 07:55 AM)Archerinho Wrote: [ -> ]I started the game yesterday and I'm about 6 hours into it now. Played with some AR Codes like 99 Starpoints to level up more quickly. The issue I have now is that I maxed out all stats. Now when I get a Level Up I can't choose HP, BP or FP and I'm stuck.

Modify your code to always set your star points to 0 instead of 99, then you won't ever get enough points to level. Look for the number 63 somewhere in your code, probably at the end, and change it to 00.

If you are going to hack, learn to backup your saves often.

Thanks!

EDIT:

Could you tell me exactly what to change? Do you mean a Code in the game or the cheat code?

It's working again, thank you very much!
I think it's controlled by your PC's clock.
(12-16-2015, 09:13 PM)Dolphin user Wrote: [ -> ]If it is controlled by PC clock when i close the game and start it next day it starts from where i had left it without change in game time.

Are you saving the game properly to the memory card, or are you just using savestates?

(12-16-2015, 09:13 PM)Dolphin user Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any possible way to get lottery? I want a lottery modifier cheat. I know that it can change the lottery number and can match the lottery no on lottery board because i was having a lottery modifier cheat which worked perfectly. Please tell me if you found that cheat. thanks.

I don't know any cheat codes for this game, sorry.