Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Stop writing about your issue over and over again, please. We're not ignoring you, it's just that not everyone knows the answer to every problem.
just a quick question here, would windows 10 fix up any of the problems here, just curious
(10-23-2016, 08:49 PM)zara70 Wrote: [ -> ]just a quick question here, would windows 10 fix up any of the problems here, just curious

That's very unlikely.
Hey IDK where to report this.

Playing Paper Mario Thousand year door
On dolphin 5.0-1138
using DX12
synching GPU threads
loading and prefetching custom textures
disable bounding box
x3 internal resolution
it crashes the entire computer when talking to the red crossbones in hooktails castle
sadly I didn't write down the error message windows got me, it was "something_something_something" with one of the words being video.

I switched to Vulkan and it worked just fine (except overall worse performance than DX12)

gabekurosaki23

Not sure if it's appropriate to post about android related issues here. If so, I'm getting stuck immediately after frankly tries removing the gate. I've heard this is a relatively common occurrence but I'm just wondering if a workaround has been found yet?

GaMa

I have been trying to play this game all day. It works, but when I try to exit the professors house, when he tries to open the gate, the game hangs. I used an old version of Dolphin (v4.0-5124) and it works, but I'd prefer to play on a version that doesn't stutter. (same thing happens later on with the blue switch underground)

On each the stable latest release, and latest development build, I followed the wiki instructions and unchecked "Disable Bounding Box", and unchecked "Store EFB Copies to Textures Only". I also disabled Dual Core. I have tried using OpenGL, and D3D11. I always start from a save point, and never use states.

A thing to note though, with those options set, the original poster showed a blacked out image of mario when transitioning. That still happens with me, even though I have set these options as described.

Meow.
Hey, I'm having in issue with ttyd crashing on the excess express. I had an issue before with an unknown pointer error in the dining car, strictly at night, but i managed to get it resolved. Now my issue is that when the cutscene after catching ziptoad plays, and it fades to black, dolphin gives me an error that reads

"IntCPU: Unknown Instruction 00000000 at PC = 00000008 last_PC = 80001f18 LR = 80010b28"

It prompts me Yes/No, and no matter what I click it crashes. I feel as though I've tried everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Swagmcnasty

This is my first post here please bare with me if I have posted incorrectly. I am attempting to play paper Mario thousand year door and when I start up I have 60fps then as the game is loading it fluctuates from 50-60 then finally when it loads I drop to around 15-25 fps. I was wondering if this was a common issue after checking the wiki the forum as well as a few optimization videos on YouTube I am unable to find a straightforward answer as I am not to pic savy. Any and all response is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

deidara364

Hello all Smile
Anyone having problems with invalid read error in Shwonk Castle? After I collect a stone key (either) and go back to the room with the pipe I receive an invalid read error that ive included in this post. Ive done some research and I think I may have to update C++, I have tried using DX 11, 12 and OpenGL. I am curious if anyone is getting stable FPS with this game. I use version 5.0-1411 and it will range from 60-45 and when I reach the golden fuzzy in shwonk castle the FPS drops to 5 and I receive the invalid read error. Sorry if my post is hard to read, I have poor grammar.
Also I realize its the same error code, I just pasted it twice because I didn't realize it was until after XD

system specs
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel® Core™ i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
Video Card/GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Memory/RAM: kingston 12 GB
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 5.0-14113.5 Ghz

[Image: glitch.png]

kennybear69

(05-05-2013, 02:08 AM)shadowdarklight Wrote: [ -> ]hey someone please help ive got problems with my controls, i use a keyboard and mario can never roll up into a rolling pin and im stuck on chapter 4.

anyone know the best way to set up the GCpad?

i used arrow keys to get mario to roll up into a ball in this game. It is hard to do but try pressing and holding down whatever button you use to roll on yours then slide your finger from left to right accorss the bottom aroow keys about 4 or 5 times. And repeat this until it works. I beat the game while having to deal with that but once I got use to it it was less difficult although always frustrating.