Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Gouldking

I don't know why, but neither the widescreen or the texture packs work for my game. I followed this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz2iFfcg7mE ) perfectly and nothing. When I try to even load the widescreen hack it doesn't let me use my PS4 controller that I use over Bluetooth with DS4 Windows. The texture pack just does nothing. Would anyone be able to help me out?

SuperMarioT

I have an issue with this so far. I run it with the HD texture pack and while it runs good for the most part, it'll crash at times when I do an action command mid battle. Disabling dual core & enabling sync GPU didn't do anything so I don't know how to fix it. Anyone please help?
Do you have a good game dump? Right click the game in Dolphin's list, go to Properties > Verify and check

GoEatABean

The game will say what chapter it is on but the name of the chapter that spins from the icon thing doesn't appear I have none of the hacks enabled and no cheatcodes

PainlesslyBasic

So, I've had this issue with this game for a while now, and it's bugged me ever since I've noticed it. I don't know why, but Mario's walking animation when walking upward is the same animation as when he's walking downward. I've tried looking for a solution/explanation to this issue, but I have found nothing. I don't know if it's a setting that I have on Dolphin, or if I have a bad ISO, etc. Anyone have any suggestions/information?
(01-31-2020, 11:08 AM)PainlesslyBasic Wrote: [ -> ]So, I've had this issue with this game for a while now, and it's bugged me ever since I've noticed it. I don't know why, but Mario's walking animation when walking upward is the same animation as when he's walking downward. I've tried looking for a solution/explanation to this issue, but I have found nothing. I don't know if it's a setting that I have on Dolphin, or if I have a bad ISO, etc. Anyone have any suggestions/information?

Use Dolphin to verify your game disc. Right-click your game disc within Dolphin's game list, click on "Properties" (first option), go to the "Verification" tab (second-last) and click the "Verification Integrity" button. Dolphin will now check the checksums / hashes of your game disc in CRC32, MD5 and SHA-1 and will let you know if your game disc if there are any (critical) issues with your dumped game disc and if it is properly dumped or not (aka, bad dump). If Dolphin sees it as a bad dump, you should try to redump your game disc again from your Wii.

HyperLexus

Hello! I just started playing TTYD on Dolphin. During the first (unskippable) cutscene, right after pressing A on the "menu" screen with the ship
([attachment=18589]),
dolphin once returned 3 "Invalid read" windows, all with 0x00000000, yet now it just softlocks. The window name says it runs at 0 fps, yet the fps display stays the same, at my (at the time of looking) 35.97 fps.
The screen looks like this: [attachment=18590]

I have never seen this problem before and do not know how to solve it. I can show my settings if it helps.

Specs: Radeon RX 570 Series GPU; AMD Ryzen 5 2600 CPU; 16GB RAM; Windows 10 Pro; Dolphin usually runs well.

Edit: I play on Dolphin 5.0-11701

caporhea

Hello, issue with starting the game.
Runs smoothly up until Peach's letter comes onto screen at the opening cutscene, then game freezes and an error message thast only says 'question' pops up on screen. from this state I cant close the game unless I restart my computer. Help?
Crashing or freezing at the intro are symptoms of Bounding Box emulation not working. Make sure your graphics drivers are up-to-date and try switching to a different video backend in Dolphin. Also, if you're on 5.0 stable, consider updating to current development versions...
The current development versions are the ones where this problem has been manifesting most prominently actually. There was a dev release with a bugfix that specifically was supposed to address this but hasn't changed in my case. The Metroid series, especially Trilogy, exhibit this error frequently now regardless of backend.