Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-08-2013, 12:38 PM)Reanchi Wrote: [ -> ]Im surprised the ones that come with the game wont work

Well you shouldn't be surprised. Dolphin is an emulator, and it's not perfect; such is life. The AR alters things on a real GC that Dolphin might not emulate accurately enough in some games. The codes are essentially scraped from various AR code websites; they're provided as a convenience to end-users. That these codes "come with" Dolphin doesn't mean they're in anyway verified to work on Dolphin.

Spookysnipes

Hello fellow paper marios! I have been playing this game on the emulator for a while now and the only blooper i've seen (not the squids) is the punies animation resetting constantly making them fuzz up. I'm sure you've seen it but no big deal I am past the big tree now. I noticed thought my audio is a second delayed and this makes timing stylish and jump combos somewhat annoying where I cant rely on sound for accuracy. I'm hoping this is a common bug or known fix please halp! Undecided
Your graphical issues can be fixed with EFB Copy to RAM and Bounding Box calculation. About your audio issue, try using DSound or XAudio2 backend. Please note, however, that the sound will be clipping if your computer can't maintain the game running at constant 60FPS (or 50FPS if your game is PAL)...

Spookysnipes

(06-22-2013, 05:51 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Your graphical issues can be fixed with EFB Copy to RAM and Bounding Box calculation. About your audio issue, try using DSound or XAudio2 backend. Please note, however, that the sound will be clipping if your computer can't maintain the game running at constant 60FPS (or 50FPS if your game is PAL)...
thanks, simply changing it to xaudio2 remedied the problem. Big Grin

doc101

Hey fellas,

I just had a problem with the potion creation part in Paper mario: the thousand year door.

I followed a workaround here at this link (http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gc-...lem-solved).

However, after about an hour or so, I have yet to create the right invisibility potion. I do have the potion material order as RBOG (from left to right), and I have been clicking each button any time the conveyor belt stops. I start my timer as soon as TEC stops talking.

I have my FPS counter turned on and I'm at a constant 60fps, however, after about 20 minutes of trying timing it at 30 seconds wasn't working. Hence, why I found the workaround above. I tried it as 30fps (timing it at 60 seconds) and to no avail, it still isn't working. I'm assuming if I heat up the potions too long, Peach becomes bigger, or if I heat them for too little of time, Peach becomes smaller. If my assumption is right, I've gotten it down (using save states) to be correct within 1 second, but nothing I'm doing is working.

This version of Paper mario is a U.S. dumped game. So if anyone has any tips or a possible workaround, I'd really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Give a try without using save states and with Idle Skipping off. If you still have issues, try disabling dual core mode also... Then, enable these options after you passed this part...

doc101

(06-28-2013, 02:22 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Give a try without using save states and with Idle Skipping off. If you still have issues, try disabling dual core mode also... Then, enable these options after you passed this part...
Still no luck Jhonn :/ I tried your suggestion at both 60fps and 30fps. Appreciate the help at least!
Well, I don't own the game anymore to test, but I passed the entire game in r4341 without any issue (despite some GFX glitches due the lack of proper bounding box emulation in this revision). Use this old revision to pass this part then go back to the latest development version...

EDIT: looking at your signature, I see you're using a veeeery old version, try with the latest development version first before trying the old one I suggested, get it from the official site: http://dolphin-emu.org/download/

doc101

(06-29-2013, 10:51 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I don't own the game anymore to test, but I passed the entire game in r4341 without any issue (despite some GFX glitches due the lack of proper bounding box emulation in this revision). Use this old revision to pass this part then go back to the latest development version...

EDIT: looking at your signature, I see you're using a veeeery old version, try with the latest development version first before trying the old one I suggested, get it from the official site: http://dolphin-emu.org/download/

That worked! I didn't realize having a two week old revision of Dolphin would make the difference ha. However, my FPS suddenly has decreased quite a bit (stuck in the 40s) so I gotta figure out now what settings I had in my previous dolphin revision that increased my fps.

Thanks again!

Rigigo

Hello ive recently started playing with dolphin and ive come across an issue on Paper mario. When i start up the game everything is fine but when i get past save file screen and start playing the sound is either garbled or nonexistent. I found if i enabled Vbeam this issue went away but certain sections dropped my fps by half, also, whenever enemies attacked me the attack would hit me before the animation finished. Plz help