Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

snorepion

In a new file of TTYD, I'm unable to open the menu, both using the D-Pad and Start button. It isn't actually a problem with the specific buttons, as changing the setting to use Z or any other button in place of Start still gives me the same problem. The other buttons work perfectly fine, however. This issue wasn't happening a year or so back when I last played TTYD, which is a bit strange.
I'm using an Intec Gamecube Pro Mini 2 Controller with the 3 in 1 Magic Joy Box adapter if that's pertinent.

Edit to update: Replacing the ROM didn't do anything, and the issue persists across all files. Dolphin still recognizes the start button in the Controllers dialog and it works outside of TTYD.

snorepion

(05-10-2018, 11:51 AM)snorepion Wrote: [ -> ]In a new file of TTYD, I'm unable to open the menu, both using the D-Pad and Start button. It isn't actually a problem with the specific buttons, as changing the setting to use Z or any other button in place of Start still gives me the same problem. The other buttons work perfectly fine, however. This issue wasn't happening a year or so back when I last played TTYD, which is a bit strange.
I'm using an Intec Gamecube Pro Mini 2 Controller with the 3 in 1 Magic Joy Box adapter if that's pertinent.

Edit to update: Replacing the ROM didn't do anything, and the issue persists across all files. Dolphin still recognizes the start button in the Controllers dialog and it works outside of TTYD.
Turns out this was a problem with my controller - I opened it up and the R-button's rubber had fallen off, resulting in it being constantly triggered. The menu wouldn't open with multiple buttons being detected at the same time. I reattached the rubber and it works fine now.

TheNuggetMaster

When i'm at the part in chapter 2 where you have to fight the jabbies they just dont show up and the game freezes 

lordxalasa

(11-07-2012, 05:16 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]about the yoshi gulp im using dolphin 5.0 on linux ubuntu
and well there is no LLE audio back-end in options there are only theses options:
AOSound
ALSA
Pulse
OpenAL
i tried them all put i still couldn't gulp how i can i take care of this problem?
LLE isn't a backend, it's a DSP emulation engine. You can find the DSP emulation engine option above the audio backend option.

Monkman

My game is freezing after talking to Professor Frankly. When he goes up to unlock the gate, nothing happens. The game is still processing something as the little goomba behind him is still wandering around, but it never progresses.

I saw a few others mention this issue, and I tried making some changes where I could but to no avail. I am on a Mac running Dolphin 5.0.

Are there any steps I can take to try to remedy this issue? The only option I have other than OpenGL in the Backend dropdown is Software Renderer and that doesn't work at all (its just a red screen). I tried unchecking the Fast Depth Collection and Disable Bounding Box options as mentioned in this thread but no combination I have tried gets me past this step.

I did see mention of modifying an .ini file in the Android forums, but I wasn't sure if that applied to my on a Mac or if it was all done in the GUI.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
What is your games hash?

Monkman

(05-25-2018, 03:15 AM)RagingFire Wrote: [ -> ]What is your games hash?

I'm a newb when it comes to Dolphin - what do you mean by my games hash? How can I find it? 
(05-25-2018, 02:48 AM)Monkman Wrote: [ -> ]I did see mention of modifying an .ini file in the Android forums, but I wasn't sure if that applied to my on a Mac or if it was all done in the GUI.

Don't bother with the INI stuff described for Android. Make sure to update to the latest development version of Dolphin, and it should start working.

Monkman

(05-25-2018, 05:11 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Don't bother with the INI stuff described for Android. Make sure to update to the latest development version of Dolphin, and it should start working.

Upgrading worked great, thank you! I hadn't had Dolphin for too long so I was pleasantly surprised to see a newer version already