Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That MD5 looks, uh... suspicious. Anyway, since your other dump is working fine, I guess the problem is solved already.

zutdollexe

Hi everybody.

I seem to have noticed a drop in framerates in PM:TTYD.
As when I played it before it worked perfectly at 60 FPS but now it's only at like 40 which is really bad as I can run Brawl at 60 FPS.
PLUS it does it when starting too, so it's not like it's because of the areas.
Hey, so I am having trouble with this game. I am unable to see the punies, besides Punio, his sister, and the fat one, they are all shadows, which I don't really mind, but the game softlocks after the 101 punies beat the 101 jabbies. The computer I have tried this on is the one with specs listed in my account, and I have also tried on a Macbook Air 2014, w/ i5 processor 4GB of ram, and same issue. The main computer started having issues, so I moved my save file over to the macbook, and the same issues persist. Is the file corrupted?

zutdollexe

(12-22-2016, 09:21 AM)Anbar48 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, so I am having trouble with this game. I am unable to see the punies, besides Punio, his sister, and the fat one, they are all shadows, which I don't really mind, but the game softlocks after the 101 punies beat the 101 jabbies. The computer I have tried this on is the one with specs listed in my account, and I have also tried on a Macbook Air 2014, w/ i5 processor 4GB of ram, and same issue. The main computer started having issues, so I moved my save file over to the macbook, and the same issues persist. Is the file corrupted?

Do you have Bounding Box on and a compatible GPU that supports it? (It needs [color=#252525]NVIDIA GeForce 400 series and newer, [color=#252525]AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5000 series and newer and [color=#252525]Intel HD Graphics 5300+)[/color][/color][/color]
Because it could be that, as it's the reason why the game crashes and displays incorrect graphics most of the time.
Also you might need EFB copies to RAM because EFB copies to Texture can also cause some crashes.

swillyy

(10-08-2016, 08:34 PM)Bighead Wrote: [ -> ]Out of curiosity did you use save states up to that point? When I was making these textures for the texture pack I have been able to reproduce this bug 100% if using save states. I also noticed different settings affect those textures. I think it might be either EFB to RAM or XFB settings, can't remember atm. Anyway in one setting the entire X-naut is a single texture consisting of 24 frames. In another setting the X-naut is a collection of animated textures.

Yeah I really apologize about the late response... like super late but I'm back... I really wanted to try to play again but I remembered this was happening. I also remembered you replied to my comment so I've come back to investigate. I tried every option of XFM settings and did EFM to RAM with still no luck. The only change in fact was after turning XFM off and changing it to "real." The two side kick xnauts were inside of Krump but the hoard was still just a bunch of shadows. I still can't figure anything out. Ugh. I'll try to reply faster this time if anyone has any suggestions.

ayeh

hello all,

i'm super new to dolphin so please excuse my lack of expertise (sorry!) so i'm trying to play paper mario: the thousand year door with custom textures. my graphics settings were initially set to "prefetch custom textures" and "load custom textures", but dolphin would crash every time i opened it with an error with "crashed thread: prefetch 14/15/16" so i turned off "prefetch custom textures" and it worked a little better. however, after entering rogueport and entering west rogueport, the game crashed in the transition between the two areas.

this is especially odd because it has worked perfectly fine before. i haven't added new textures since the crashing started. i'm currently on dolphin 5 (the latest build) on macbook (x64, i believe).

i heard this was a problem with storage space, but the problem is my texture pack is only around 25 mb and my computer has 17 gb of overall storage left. my RAM memory is 8 gb and i have about 2 gb of free space; i read that this happens because of low RAM storage but i don't think 25 mb of textures can take up all that space, even if decompressed later on. anyway, does anyone know how i could possibly fix this? any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
I've got the game crashing on me after I start the game, when the title comes up before you show up in Rogueport.
Hey guys,
 I'm having an issue saving my game after completing Shwonk fortress. When I complete it and save my game, it doesn't actually save my progress (so I have to do it all over again). It also occasionally states that there is no save file for Paper Mario and asks me to create a new one (even though when I start the game all my saves are there), and I've tried playing this level on multiple memory cards. I've probably played through this part 5 or 6 times by now. could this be caused by the invalid read errors I am getting when entering and leaving the room with the pipe? there are no errors while saving. If it helps I can upload my memory card. It also seems to create 2 paper Mario TTYD save files on my memory card.
EDIT: dolphin 5.0 works properly, so I guess Ill use that for now. Hopefully the Devs can figure out what has changed soon.
(03-29-2017, 10:52 AM)MonadoBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,
 I'm having an issue saving my game after completing Shwonk fortress. When I complete it and save my game, it doesn't actually save my progress (so I have to do it all over again). It also occasionally states that there is no save file for Paper Mario and asks me to create a new one (even though when I start the game all my saves are there), and I've tried playing this level on multiple memory cards. I've probably played through this part 5 or 6 times by now. could this be caused by the invalid read errors I am getting when entering and leaving the room with the pipe? there are no errors while saving. If it helps I can upload my memory card. It also seems to create 2 paper Mario TTYD save files on my memory card.
EDIT: dolphin 5.0 works properly, so I guess Ill use that for now. Hopefully the Devs can figure out what has changed soon.

Can you bisect when this started happening? you bisect by going to the last build you know was working and the latest one, and taking the build in the middle. If it works you take that as your starting point and the latest one and go in between or if it doesn't work you go in between the one that works and the one you just found and test that one.... please do this until you narrow down which build it broke.
(03-29-2017, 07:52 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]Can you bisect when this started happening? you bisect by going to the last build you know was working and the latest one, and taking the build in the middle. If it works you take that as your starting point and the latest one and go in between or if it doesn't work you go in between the one that works and the one you just found and test that one.... please do this until you narrow down which build it broke.

Yep, Im already in the middle of testing the builds. Somewhere between build 550 and 522 something broke. All the new builds give me an invalid read of 0x00000 in shwonk fortress first water room with the golden fuzzy, and all the older builds give me an error of 0x****** (stars being random number), maybe the difference in these invalid reads is causing the problem. Ill keep bissecting and let you know the exact build, but it will take a little time. For now though, if anyone wants to start paper mario ttyd again, they should use the most recent stable, since most of the newer builds are broken.
Edit: testing complete:
Last working build was 530. First broken build was 540. So either 532 (not a windows build) broke the game, or build 540 broke the game.
Conjecture/side note: I noticed a difference in invalid reads when testing the older builds and newer builds, they both produce invalid reads in the room with the gold fuzzy when entering the room. But the older builds 530 and older give 0x******* where the stars are a seemingly random number, and the newer builds (540 and newer) give a 0x0000000. I am wondering if this change in invalid reads also affected save files.