Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you wanna more fps I suggest you to use the DX9 _Final branch: with a Coreduo E8400 at the start of the game (harbor) I get 73 fps while with normal master 4.0.2 I get "only" 64 (9 fps difference, so it's almost 15% performance boost)

immortalfrieza

(08-21-2013, 08:57 AM)slax65 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried my best, they are still a little shaky, but much better than this pixel-salat we got before ..
It was hard to figure out which parts of the animation were broken .. It turns out that the part of the animation-loop which was displayed distorted is exactly the half of the correctly displayed animation-loop and also backwards .. So I had to take every second frame of the correctly part and reverse it .. But I must have done a mistake I assume, because of the shaky thing .. Anyway I did my best for you guys, until it's fixed by the devs or anyone else, so enjoy Smile

Download-Link:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-7988...5.rar.html

Video-Preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIW_k6IpVws
I hope you can help here. I downloaded these, placed the folder in the User/Textures/ folder, and selected load custom textures. Nothing happened, the Punies are still the same garbage filled things as always. Did I miss something?
Did you use EFB to RAM? Sometimes the Punies fixes itself after going into a new area.

Ghoulgamesh

I've been looking around for a few suggestions on fixing the games overall FPS rate. I can't seem to get anything better than a 17%-40% ratio. Graphics seem to be fine with the occasional glitch. (For example, the boat in the beginning that drops Mario at Rogueport when it flips to reverse its direction the graphics for the boat glitch and then fix when its "flip" is complete.)

Also I'd like to add the FPS in the intro are always at a solid 22fps-38fps. I would greatly appreciate any help
Use a different OS (Windows and Linux both have better graphics drivers) and try lowering Internal Resolution.
(05-07-2014, 05:45 PM)Ghoulgamesh Wrote: [ -> ]Graphics seem to be fine with the occasional glitch. (For example, the boat in the beginning that drops Mario at Rogueport when it flips to reverse its direction the graphics for the boat glitch and then fix when its "flip" is complete.)

Most of these graphical glitches are fixed in Dolphin 4.0-707 and newer...
(05-07-2014, 05:45 PM)Ghoulgamesh Wrote: [ -> ]I've been looking around for a few suggestions on fixing the games overall FPS rate. I can't seem to get anything better than a 17%-40% ratio

Tell us what i5 processor you've got exactly
The version PAL flashes (green) in some transitions and don't work to 60Hz (in-game only 50Hz >>> issue). I tried only in D3D because OGL crash the emulator (drivers nvidia, yeah I know).

Edit: With OpenGL have the same issues =/...

FPS detection issue (60Hz >>> 50Hz):
[Image: rJSvqspl.jpg]
[Image: shkizjzl.jpg]
[Image: pw4OcLql.jpg]

Transitions Issues:
[Image: vV0QzeHl.jpg]
[Image: BCFy5Pbl.jpg]

Salu2 - Darkness Knight
Make sure you're using 4.0-707 or newer and that EFB to RAM and Bounding Box emulation is enabled...
(05-22-2014, 01:15 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you're using 4.0-707 or newer and that EFB to RAM and Bounding Box emulation is enabled...

Yup, I tested in the build "dolphin-master-4.0-1624-x64" with this config:
[Image: eAzcR1A.png]

Bounding Box enabled:
[Image: AH7Qe2Z.png]

Salu2 - Darkness Knight.