Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SuspiciousScout

Hello. I'm new here and I don't know if this question has been asked in any of the 72 pages of this thread, but I'm having this one problem.

I'm on Chapter 6, on the train going to Poshley Heights. When it first transitions to nighttime after you give the bob-omb kid the train engineer's autograph and you tell the red conducter toad that you'll find the missing blanket for him, you're supposed to walk out of the train cars so you can get back to the kitchen and other areas. The problem is when the game attempts to load me into the kitchen, I get this error message here: https://puu.sh/v5YSo/a271fb42f2.png

This happened 2 other times in the area with the gold fuzzy in chapter 1, and another time when attempting to visit Don Pianta for the first time in Rogueport. The difference with those instances is when I clicked OK enough times, the message went away, but now it won't stop coming up.
@SuspiciousScout you probably want to disable "use panic handlers" in the config menu. This will prevent those errors from popping up. Keep in mind that this means if the game were to crash there wouldn't be any explanation.

SuspiciousScout

(04-03-2017, 08:39 AM)Invader Wrote: [ -> ]@SuspiciousScout you probably want to disable "use panic handlers" in the config menu. This will prevent those errors from popping up. Keep in mind that this means if the game were to crash there wouldn't be any explanation.

That seems to have worked. The only side effect is that the game slows down in that one area. Appreciate it.

EDIT: Nvm the game crashes after trying to go back to the 6/7/8 train cars. Strangely enough it only affects the kitchen area at nighttime.

Cyn_the_Zeeb

I have an issue with the controls for TTYD. I'm using an Xbox-360 gamepad mapped to standard GC controls and it's worked fine so far for me. However, upon booting TTYD, the control sick and D-pad were unresponsive. All other buttons (Face buttons, Start) seem to function fine, just the navigation controls are not working. This problem is not present in the other games I've emulated (Megaman X Command Mission, MGS: The Twin Snakes). Please help!

UPDATE: Metroid Prime also appears to have a similar issue where just the Control stick is unresponsive.

UPDATE2: Upon further analysis, it appears as though the control stick is not working period.
Is the physical control stick broken? And have you tried the latest 5.0 dev build?

CTed15

Hey, I'm having a issue where when using the ability that makes you flip sideways to get through thin spaces, the characters turn into large black silhouettes in the wrong place. The same thing happens when using the super hammer spin thing, in and out of battle, as well as when the Magikoopa team you fight in the Glitz Pit got bigger when getting their attack boosted. (They turned larger and appeared in the wrong place.)

Screenshots of issue, settings and specs listed here: http://imgur.com/a/GNRv1
(04-21-2017, 08:30 PM)CTed15 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I'm having a issue where when using the ability that makes you flip sideways to get through thin spaces, the characters turn into large black silhouettes in the wrong place. The same thing happens when using the super hammer spin thing, in and out of battle, as well as when the Magikoopa team you fight in the Glitz Pit got bigger when getting their attack boosted. (They turned larger and appeared in the wrong place.)

Screenshots of issue, settings and specs listed here: http://imgur.com/a/GNRv1

That means bounding box emulation isn't working. Getting it to work on macOS in Dolphin 5.0 is impossible (unless you use the software renderer, but you don't want to do that). It should however work if you update to the latest development version of Dolphin.

CTed15

(04-21-2017, 10:58 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]That means bounding box emulation isn't working. Getting it to work on macOS in Dolphin 5.0 is impossible (unless you use the software renderer, but you don't want to do that). It should however work if you update to the latest development version of Dolphin.

Thanks so much! It works now I have Dolphin 5.0-3414.

AL0ISI0

I'm having a problem and I REALLY don't know how to fix it... the game is having problems just like it would if the "Disable bounding box" option was on, but it isn't.

I'm using the Dolphin 5.0, and I fixed it before in 4.0.2, but now both of them are having the same problem.
Am I missing something  Huh 
My GPU is the Intel HD3000, so it should work without problems, right?

EDIT: nevermind, pretty sure the problem is the GPU, but i don't know how I managed to make it work in 4.0.2 ...
(06-02-2017, 02:29 PM)AL0ISI0 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having a problem and I REALLY don't know how to fix it... the game is having problems just like it would if the "Disable bounding box" option was on, but it isn't.

I'm using the Dolphin 5.0, and I fixed it before in 4.0.2, but now both of them are having the same problem.
Am I missing something  Huh 
My GPU is the Intel HD3000, so it should work without problems, right?

EDIT: nevermind, pretty sure the problem is the GPU, but i don't know how I managed to make it work in 4.0.2 ...

Update to the latest development version of Dolphin. If your GPU is the problem, that should fix it.