Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, fixed the other issues, but now the game keeps on crashing at the Glitz Pit.

RexHeller

Hello. I just found Dolphin and I'm trying to get Paper Mario to play. However, right at the beginning of the game in rougueport, when professor frankly goes to open the fence to that goes to the sewers, everything stops. It doesn't exactly freeze, the characters still do their idle animations and the music still plays, but frankly doesn't remove the fence and the cut scene doesn't proceed. I already tried running the game with dual core and idle skipping turned of and that didn't help, so I'm not sure what to do.
(09-10-2017, 08:53 AM)RexHeller Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. I just found Dolphin and I'm trying to get Paper Mario to play. However, right at the beginning of the game in rougueport, when professor frankly goes to open the fence to that goes to the sewers, everything stops. It doesn't exactly freeze, the characters still do their idle animations and the music still plays, but frankly doesn't remove the fence and the cut scene doesn't proceed. I already tried running the game with dual core and idle skipping turned of and that didn't help, so I'm not sure what to do.

Update to the latest development build of Dolphin.
(07-29-2017, 10:29 AM)ThisIsMyDogKyle Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a little oddity I've found, I'm using the Ubershaders build of Dolphin and for most games it's working perfectly, however, I found that every now and then I'd get stutters in Paper Mario, even on Exclusive, so after a bit of testing I was able to find that these were caused by the Widescreen Gecko hacks, specifically Gecko, every single one that I've tested had the issue, the AR code widescreen hacks, however, do not have this issue, only problem is they aren't nearly as nice as the Gecko versions. I know this is a very small thing but it can be a bit jarring when it happens, if you want to test it yourself just go to petal meadows and fight some enemies, it seems to be most common right after a battle has loaded or while the coins and goodies are spawning from winning. I recorded video comparing the two as well if that would help.

In case anyone in the future has this problem, I managed to fix this by copying the codehandler.bin from 5.0-4550(though any before 5.0-4575 should work) and replacing the latest versions codehandler.bin with it, it seems they updated the gecko code handler and in the process caused a bit of stuttering with a few codes, this also fixed stuttering when using the Xenoblade 60 fps hack.

IAmAPotato

Does anyone know how to fix the bug where the fence opening cutscene won't work? I am using the Shield TV for this btw. Anyone know what might help solve this? (Dolphin5.0-5564)
(09-22-2017, 08:21 AM)IAmAPotato Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know how to fix the bug where the fence opening cutscene won't work? I am using the Shield TV for this btw. Anyone know what might help solve this? (Dolphin5.0-5564)

Enable bounding box (in other words, disable "Disable Bounding Box") and disable "Store EFB Copies to Texture Only". (This is only necessary if you're not using Dolphin's standard game INIs. All versions of Dolphin other than the Android version use them automatically.)

There are other reasons that you can get this problem (which require different fixes), but those shouldn't apply in your case.

IAmAPotato

(09-22-2017, 11:46 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Enable bounding box (in other words, disable "Disable Bounding Box") and disable "Store EFB Copies to Texture Only". (This is only necessary if you're not using Dolphin's standard game INIs. All versions of Dolphin other than the Android version use them automatically.)

There are other reasons that you can get this problem (which require different fixes), but those shouldn't apply in your case.

Is the Bounding Box setting hidden away or as a different way? I can't seem to find it in my settings.
(09-23-2017, 03:02 AM)IAmAPotato Wrote: [ -> ]Is the Bounding Box setting hidden away or as a different way? I can't seem to find it in my settings.

Oh, seems like it's not available in the Android GUI. Annoying...

The best way to enable bounding box then is to download this INI file and put it in /sdcard/dolphin-emu/GameSettings/: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dolphi...gs/G8M.ini

It must be named G8M.ini exactly. That will enable bounding box and disable Store EFB Copies to Texture Only for this game only.
I've been having lots of sluttering in this game even with a high end PC and ubershaders on hybrid especially on battles (i've missed lots of moves because of sluttering while jumping).
All optimizations are turned on except bounding box, Skip EFB Access from CPU and Store EFB Copies to Texture Only. Load custom texture on RAM are on too.
Are you using the D3D backend or the OpenGL backend?