Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Haven't tried it myself, but you could assign a secondary command for all directions on the main stick to one button, and then hit that button to roll into a ball. It may not work, though.

tdw221

My game keeps freezing when I enter hooktail castle, haven't been able to find a solution yet Sad
Are you using a recent build?

tdw221

(12-08-2016, 07:06 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using a recent build?

Yes sir, tried using 4.0.2 then updated to 5 and same thing
Hmmm, maybe try disabling dual core support. Or check if the dump is good.

Xetsam

(12-08-2016, 12:41 PM)tdw221 Wrote: [ -> ]My game keeps freezing when I enter hooktail castle, haven't been able to find a solution yet Sad

I was having the exact same problem. The Paper Mario: TTYD file I was emulating ended with the .gcm extension and I just switched to emulating a game file with the .iso extension. Boom, problem resolved. Dunno if you're also running a .gcm file, but if you are try finding and switching to an .iso file version of the game.

As for my settings I have:
  • Disabled dual core
  • Disabled idle skipping
  • Using the DSP LLE Compiler
  • Enabled PAL60 Mode
  • Used Direct3D 11 when getting past it the first time, but switched back to OpenGL after getting inside, and walking back out of the castle and then back in again didn't crash on OpenGL
  • Enabled Scaled EFB Copy
  • Disabled Skip EFB Access from CPU
  • Enabled Ignore Format Changes
  • Enabled EFB Copies to Texture Only
  • Set the Texture Cache to Fast
  • Enabled XFB Virtual
  • Enabled Bounding Box
  • Disabled Fast Depth Calculation
Dunno which (if any) of these actually helped, but those are the settings I had when I finally got past the glitch. Good luck!

*Edit: Mistakenly believed that .iso files were associated with Wii games only. The problem was most likely due to an error in my .gcm file.
Uh, what? There is no Wii version of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. ISO files can be either GameCube games or Wii games (or any other type of disc). If you really have one version that works and one that doesn't work, can you check the version numbers of them? (Similar to this: https://www.metroid2002.com/version_diff...number.php)

Xetsam

(12-15-2016, 05:34 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Uh, what? There is no Wii version of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. ISO files can be either GameCube games or Wii games (or any other type of disc). If you really have one version that works and one that doesn't work, can you check the version numbers of them? (Similar to this: https://www.metroid2002.com/version_diff...number.php)
Crap, yeah I just caught my mistake, I'll edit my other post. For whatever reason I was associating the .iso extension with Wii files. There's only two versions of the game (Japanese and English) and I'm running the English version. I must have some sort of problem with my .gcm file. All I know for sure is that I have two versions of the game on my computer: one that ends in .gcm and one that ends in .iso, and the latter is the one that I was able to get into Hooktail's castle with.
(12-16-2016, 07:14 AM)Xetsam Wrote: [ -> ]There's only two versions of the game (Japanese and English) and I'm running the English version.

No, there are at least three, since there also is a PAL version (in English/German/French/Spanish/Italian).

(12-16-2016, 07:14 AM)Xetsam Wrote: [ -> ]I must have some sort of problem with my .gcm file.

Yep, it seems like that's the case. Could you post the MD5 hash of that file? (Dolphin can compute it in the info tab of the game properties)

Xetsam

(12-16-2016, 07:21 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]No, there are at least three, since there also is a PAL version (in English/German/French/Spanish/Italian).

Yep, it seems like that's the case. Could you post the MD5 hash of that file? (Dolphin can compute it in the info tab of the game properties)

I stand corrected.  Tongue

Yup, here it is: c4bf618f34101c110f0e84dfc2329b12