Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings. I have two problems with this game. I'll just quote them from the other thread "Games which hang / freeze / crash / don't boot"

(05-04-2015, 12:54 AM)Stalin15 Wrote: [ -> ]I came upon one in "Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door". It happens when you're travelling for the first time in the "Rogueport Sewers". You'll come upon a blue cube with an interrogation mark in which when you jump on it or hammer it, you should get a cutscene where some paper is removed to reveal a set of stairs.

In OpenGL, this 'works' but the transition is not shown and the game is pretty much frozen (yet music works and FPS is being measures). Switching to Direct3D, this transition works perfectly and the game is not frozen. Weird bug. Could it be due to Hardware?

(05-05-2015, 12:12 AM)Stalin15 Wrote: [ -> ]Again in "Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door", apparently when I get for the first time to the "Shhwonk Fortress Sewer", where the "Fuzzies" enemies appear for the first time as well, if I try to go left or right and then come back upon the area where I was at, I'll get this;

[Image: uUMEijk.jpg]

Then Dolphin crashes. I don't understand this, what is it? It also doesn't seem to matter what settings I got, Direct3D or OpenGL, DSP at HLE or LLE...
Try computing the MD5 sum. Right click the game, go to properties, go to the info tab, and press compute, it should take a minute or two. Then post the result here. (this is addressing the second problem)
The MD5 Checksum gave me this;

d13426a926055be11a8330b27fe231ea
That doesn't match the one on gametdb, but other people seem to have that sum. If I were you I would redump just to be safe
The fact that other people have it even though it's wrong just means they all downloaded the same broken iso.
BTW: Does scrubbing an image change its checksum?
that's...uh...why i told him to redump.

most likely a broken iso. redump please
@ NKF98

The point is that if he dumped the game himself yet somehow got a bad dump, there is no way anybody else would have the same checksum as him, as not only would other people have needed to get read errors during dumping, but they would also have had to get the exact same errors from the exact same defects that he has on his disc. If your checksum matches somebody else's, it either means that you both have correct dumps or that you both downloaded a bad one. The correct Paper Mario MD5 checksums are:

bec52fb8c1912bc6f8014801b6281422 (J)
db9a997a617ee03bbc32336d6945ec02 (U)
81321e8256205e3cfb71257e6ba2970f (E)

TASVideos confirms that d13426a926055be11a8330b27fe231ea is the MD5 checksum of a pirate dump on their GC Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door in 4:52:30.72 TAS page.

tl;dr

He doesn't need to re-dump. He needs to dump his own disc for the first time to avoid the errors in the bootleg one that he's using.

(05-05-2015, 11:38 PM)Stalin15 Wrote: [ -> ]The MD5 Checksum gave me this;

d13426a926055be11a8330b27fe231ea
I have dumped my own disc in which case I was able to get this checksum according to Dolphin; 81321e8256205e3cfb71257e6ba2970f

Despite using a dump with a valid MD5, I still get this http://imgur.com/ersU9Hy The second error still persists.

Does this mean that this is not a problem with dumping but Dolphin? Or that the other one left some dangerous leftovers?
Try using different revisions if you haven't already.