Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse - Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
(01-21-2010, 10:16 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]EFB to RAM even has to be on for them to get saved?

No, I ment that you cant view them if you didnt save them under EFB to RAM. You can save them in EFB to texture, but there is no point because they are just black screens.
yeah, that's what I meant...
Hmpf, that sucks. I thought, I could play with EFB to texture and look at them later with EFB to RAM or whatever setting :-|
(01-21-2010, 06:43 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]I thought, I could play with EFB to texture and look at them later with EFB to RAM or whatever setting :-|

Why do you want to look at them? Even if pics are black, there are descriptions after all (for not arbitrary pics), if I recall correctly.
Why is everyone recommending D3D9 for this one?
For me it runs worse than OpenGL and the quality is the same (though OpenGL has the strange bug of switching back to native resolution sometimes)

Also, is everybody getting constant 30 FPS, or are there drops here and there?

And last thing... is anyone experiencing sound lag? In my case, if frames drop even a little bit in cutscenes, sound gets desynced. (first cutscene is a pretty good example).

Any fix about that for those who had this problem?
@ sensor: just because I find these pics pretty cool ^^

[Image: hnr_5.jpg]

@ felipaopl: sound lag happens only when your fps drop under 30. you could try switching audio backend to OpenAL.
Hm, I also had that switching to res resolution once with DX9; right after that song playing from the box (pretty much at the beginning) and the screen gets some strange post-effect. But I think it suddenly was ok again after some minutes.
My only little performance problem is that there is one short stutter when screens are switching. That's unfortunately mostly in scenes when something spooky happens which takes out the tension a bit.
(01-21-2010, 09:54 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]@ felipaopl: sound lag happens only when your fps drop under 30. you could try switching audio backend to OpenAL.
Hm, I also had that switching to res resolution once with DX9; right after that song playing from the box (pretty much at the beginning) and the screen gets some strange post-effect. But I think it suddenly was ok again after some minutes.
My only little performance problem is that there is one short stutter when screens are switching. That's unfortunately mostly in scenes when something spooky happens which takes out the tension a bit.

Yes, I saw that the syncing issues happens when my FPS drops, but did you had to switch the audio backend too?
I don't get it, the game runs around 20-25 FPS in D3D and a little faster in OGL, but I have some slowdowns here and there (in the post effect section you told about, for example).

What's your average FPS and which version of Dolphin / plugins are you using?
I don't think it's hardware related in my case, as I have an i7 920 / HD 5870...
(01-21-2010, 09:43 PM)felipaopl Wrote: [ -> ]Why is everyone recommending D3D9 for this one?

Where? I even don't find D3D9 plugin in the build I use (4897) anymore, only OpenGL and software. I think absolute majority play with OpenGL plugin (as it is by default)

Quote:What's your average FPS and which version of Dolphin / plugins are you using?

Average? I think about 80-90%. I play on C2D 2.8, Win32, 4897, Copy EFB to GL texture.
Check the last two pages and you'll see...
I think that the plugin is still included in the major releases... not sure about the SVN ones.

Also, always good to remember... download and install DirectX9, maybe that's the reason that it isn't showing up for you.
(01-22-2010, 01:22 AM)felipaopl Wrote: [ -> ]I think that the plugin is still included in the major releases... not sure about the SVN ones.

Yes, I found it in the directory, but somehow I can't select it in the config/plugins....

Quote:Also, always good to remember... download and install DirectX9, maybe that's the reason that it isn't showing up for you.

But it's installed, otherwise how can I play all modern games on my PC. It's DirectX9.0c on WinXP 32 SP3 . I checked older 2825 build and it's selectable there. Hmm. Just wanted to compare OpenGL and D3D9 speed...
(01-22-2010, 01:38 AM)sensor Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2010, 01:22 AM)felipaopl Wrote: [ -> ]I think that the plugin is still included in the major releases... not sure about the SVN ones.

Yes, I found it in the directory, but somehow I can't select it in the config/plugins....

Quote:Also, always good to remember... download and install DirectX9, maybe that's the reason that it isn't showing up for you.

But it's installed, otherwise how can I play all modern games on my PC. It's DirectX9.0c on WinXP 32 SP3 . I checked older 2825 build and it's selectable there. Hmm. Just wanted to compare OpenGL and D3D9 speed...

Try to check with the latest official version available here: http://www.dolphin-emu.com/downloads.php?cat_id=7
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45